Finally some flowers..of any kind!

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

This is the first round of flowers on pass. St. Rule. medium sized flowers, nice leaves. fast grower, and it survived the freeze! My kinda plant!

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

whole plant.

Thumbnail by Eclipse
St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Congratulations Kyle! It's great to see you posting pictures again. Hopefully your greenhouses are recovering quickly.

Erick

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Erick, thats your baby! most of the passies are dropping leaves but growing new ones.I think I lost two kinds.Good thing I squirrel away little plants all over the greenhouse.Never know when you might need em.

Kyle :-)

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Kyle, that is incredible! The plant was just 5" tall four months ago. Your obvious talent with Passifloras really shows here. The plant now is huge and lush, with multiple buds - even after a freeze!

This is a real favorite of mine. The flowers are a bit more subdued than some of the more colorful (gaudy?) in the genus, but they are borne in abudance and look elegant and striking, in my humble opinion. Plus, it's not bothered by spider mites at all, tolerates a wide range of conditions (as you've noticed), and grows like a weed.

An odd note....I find the smell of the foliage to be VERY, VERY unpleasant, and even sometimes gag when I am handling it. I would call it the worst smelling foliage I have ever encountered. And yet, others have sniffed it and found the odor completely neutral. Perhaps it's just me.

Congrats, and thanks for sharing the pics.

Erick

This message was edited Apr 17, 2007 9:36 PM

Thumbnail by ErickMN
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow Kyle that Passie is pretty. I love the look of the foilage. What kind of smell does it have Erick? Do you notice it Kyle?

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

I notice that the foliage is kinda stinky when touched or crushed. LOL
Kyle

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.