Help! Dollar weeds are winning the war!

Lake Charles, LA

I've been fighting these weeds for a year and they are winning. Our backyard was landscaped after the destruction of hurricane Rita. It seems that this horrible weed is now unstoppable.
I've weeded very carefully and tried to all of the horrible roots and cleared my bed twice but the weed seems to come back stronger.

It is growing into my plants and under the paving stones and I'm at wits end. Poison was not an option because of my dog but maybe that is the only way.

Any suggestions would be so appreciated. thanks in advance.

Thumbnail by ssdogwood
Lake Charles, LA

The weed is taking over my path!

Thumbnail by ssdogwood
The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

Image is the herbicide that appears to be most effective for dollar weed. It can be used on turfgrass, but I don't know about flower beds. Adding a surfactant helps to keep the Image on the slick leaf and so is suggested.
I use it in my lawn, but I hand weed those in my beds. It's kind of a zen thing to see how long I can go without breaking the runners....Those weed wranglers help a lot - long with a v-shaped end. If they're in open ground I use my 4 pronged hand tool to pull them up.
My lawn is overrun with dollar weed this year. It has never been so bad. I wonder if it is an aftermath of Rita here. Never thought about that before. Hmmmm.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.