Poppies beginning to bloom

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

I cannot grow tired of the beauty and grace of these flowers! I grab my camera each day and head out to the cottage garden to take yet another 50 pictures of them ! Although I personally prefer the doubles, the singles are the prettiest to photograph ( in my very limited experience !).

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

a frilly pink one

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

a poppy about to open

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

my deepest red one so far

Thumbnail by corgimom
(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Very nice.. Thank you for sharing..I was way too late sowing mine and they are barely up so far. Hopefully they have time to grow before the really hot weather takes them out.

Tammie

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

a single red one with phlox

Thumbnail by corgimom

How nice, my poppy seedlings germinated nicely...waiting anxiously for blooms. Thanks for sharing.

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

sun hitting a single one

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

Thanks folks ! You might get tired of me before long !!!

my double one is even pretty as it shatters

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

single ones with phlox

This message was edited Apr 17, 2007 12:17 PM

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

poppy with insect ( ? ) on it

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

black cross inside

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

a lavender one

Thumbnail by corgimom
Greenwich, OH

Gorgeous!poppy photos.Keep posting those poppy photos.Hope my poppies do well for me although it will be while before mine bloom.

Greenwich, OH

The double red poppy is stunning!

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

I don't take very good pictures. I have poor vision, shaky hands and a point and shoot digital camera. Most of my pictures are too out of focus. I haven't learned how to use the settings. Yes, I did try reading the manual. Nothing seemed to stick ! I just pray that I get one or two good ones out of every 50 I take !

I envy those that can take continuous pictures with their cameras.

This message was edited Apr 18, 2007 9:46 AM

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

thanks, skimper ! I haven't had one that deep before and I can't get a photo that shows its true beauty. I am once again going to beg my DH to take one with his camera while it is still in bloom. He'd better hurry !

Greenwich, OH

Great!shot of the poppy photos.You done a excellent!job.

hey thanks for sharing photos of your lovely poppies in bloom:)
pamsue

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Beautiful poppies corgimom! I winter sowed the seeds you sent me and planted them in the garden today. Sure hope mine will be as pretty as yours. Yours are the ones in the lower right of this photo that are the doing the best. Hope I did not plant them while they were too small. Thanks again for sharing the seeds with me.

Susan

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Well I just had to come over for a peak, these are just gorgeous, you did great, I couldn't have done any better and it's not just because I don't have any poppies! :-)
Poppies always mean spring, don't ya think? ! Hope everyone across the colder parts of the country will soon have their belated springs.

Louisville, KY

tHESE ARE JUST BEAUTIFUL

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

Beautiful, love the doubles and the lavender one.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Looks nice Libby. I like the lavender one also.

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

Hey there Al and Sue !! Thanks again folks. Last year I had so many different colors. This year , so far, not much variety. I had to thin them out so many different times that every time I did I was saying to myself "Ok, I know you are probably are a dark purple, and you are a frilly pink , and you are a white..." I guess I was right ! Also, the bed where I planted the most colors is the one that is STILL too overcrowded for them to be pretty. Most are only 8" high instead of 4-5 feet. So even if they turn out to be "different" they won't make good photos.

Maybe next year....

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

How beautiful, and early they bloom, I'm gonna have to go out there and check on mine (one little clump) that was given to me early on during the season. Mark my calendar this fall to remember to sow them out on time.
Thanks corgimom for sharing the pics.

Would you be interested in some seed trade, I have some yellow and some purple seeds (I don't have a picture of the purple). Let me know.

Thanks

Thumbnail by stetchworth
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

single red poppies in with my other flowers

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

I love to take pictures of poppies as they are opening:(also as they are shattering !)

This message was edited Apr 21, 2007 9:52 AM

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

I still only have one pale lavender poppy, so I have it marked so I can keep those seeds separate:

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

this one has been pretty with the pale pink and lavender :

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

some are only 3 inches tall and growing out of gravel :

Thumbnail by corgimom
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Every one is beautiful!! The lavender is really special.

Susan

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

these have been stunning with the itea and peony (can't see it in this shot)

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

Good morning there,Susan! Thanks. Hope these aren't too much like what I have posted at the top of this thread. It is too much of a pain for me to keep scrolling up and down to see what is up there, and since these ARE new shots I am just sticking them in anyway ! Boy are these one beautiful subject to photograph ! Wish I had different kinds to add to my garden, but I will settle for these !

Libby

more reds

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

the sun was just beginning to come up and shine on these this morning !

Thumbnail by corgimom

Beautiful, all of them, great photo's also Libby.

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

bad hair day???

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

frilly poppy looking me in the face

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

my last one this morning and I will stop boring you - single pinks (very small because the bed is way overcrowded !) with penstemon and foxglove

Thumbnail by corgimom

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.