CLOSED: Do you recognize this bird call?

Marlton, NJ

LOL, I know it sounds crazy but I can't figure out what bird is making this call,.I've checked all the birds calls that I have seen in my yard but no match. Heres what it sounds like.

BEEE BEEE BEEE Beepidy Beepidy Beepidy Beepidy

ROTFLMBO, Anyone want to guess? I just can't listen to my whole Bird CD again. Thanks!

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

O Sweet Canada Canada Canada
... or maybe...Old Sam Peabody Peabody Peabody (pronounced like PEAbiddy)

That's how I learned it anyway, the White-throated Sparrow? We're lucky to hear their call at all, because they don't stay here when spring comes, and they rarely call like that in winter.

Anyway, that's my guess.

Marlton, NJ

Thanks claypa but its not the WT Sparrow though I do like their song.

This is very loud bird, could change the B to an S. First 2 notes are slow and long and the 3,4 and 5th are rapido.

SEEEE SEEEE Seepidy, Seepidy Seepidy

Went through my whole Bird call CD last night but don't remember hearing it.
I'll check through it again after work. If I don't hear it I'll just have to give up.

Thanks for your help.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Carolina Wren?

Resin

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Mmm...interesting thread... I'm just now trying to learn bird songs and it's a challenge. Just listen to these different versions of the Carolina Wren

http://www.geocities.com/birdwatchernj/birdpages/wrencarolina.htm

All so different, but the sounds could fit your descriptions....

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Wren is a good guess, and they are LOUD... to me they say burgerCHEESEburgerCHEESEburgerCHEESE etc.
No coke, pepsi.

Marlton, NJ

LOL,Sorry guys none of those recordings are it but I appreciate that link.

This message was edited Apr 15, 2007 5:33 PM

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Hmmm ... I was leaning toward the Eastern Yellow-breasted Chat Icteria virens .. for surely, they're getting active up there - but, I jes can't seem to put my pawsers on any internet handy audio, relatively quickly.

Oh well .. check these, pelle .. > http://www.birdwatchersdigest.com/site/sounds/comparingsongs.aspx

- Magpye

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Maybe a Cardinal. I think they sound like they are saying... birdy, birdy, birdy. lol

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Or a Mockingbird, living up to its name? They can make an awful lot of very different and strange noises.

Resin

Marlton, NJ

I thought of that too Resin, That's a definite possibility since I can't seem to match it up with anything so far.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I love these links you all provided. I've bookmarked them. I noticed that one was for NJ Birds. Is there one for Texas Birds?

How do you all find these things? You always come up with the coolest links!!!

Janet

Marlton, NJ

Its great isn't it Janet? I love having all these minds at work.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Connie and I went to a place called Wild Birds yesterday. On man oh Man did we get some great ideas for birding "stuff and paraphinalia" (sp.?). There was a CD playing of different bird calls. There on the floor, not far from the check out place, was a beautiful cat, just laying there, looking around. I reached down to pet the cat and thought to myself, I bet you love this. Laying around listening to birds all day long. The longer we stayed there, the more relaxed I became.

I think it's time I found myself a CD of bird songs. It would be nice to bring the birds "inside" the house as well as outside in my backyard.

Janet

Marlton, NJ

My parrot loves to listen to that CD, he has some of the hawks calls down perfectly.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I'm open for recommendations for CDs. Or is it pretty much, you've heard one bird CD you've heard them all? HAHAHAHA

Marlton, NJ

LOL, I haven't compared any against mine Its Sibleys Eastern Region.

Are there many different ones (not regions of course)?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.