There's nothing more beautiful...

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

...(to me)...than the early spring foliage of the Columbine!

I love overcast, rainy days for photos. (mid-day sun is a terrible time time take photos because if the harsh light).

From my garden today...

Larger and better quality images here: http://nikon-photog.smugmug.com/gallery/2445136#141606545

All photos by Nikon D200 with Nikon 60mm Micro lens.

Thumbnail by hczone6
Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Another shot

Thumbnail by hczone6
Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

And another

Thumbnail by hczone6
Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Basket of Gold alyssum - Still not quite in full bloom.

Thumbnail by hczone6
Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Lady's Mantle

Thumbnail by hczone6
Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Wonderful Virginia Bluebells - made it through the mid 20's we had for several nights.

Thumbnail by hczone6
Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Lungwort - I think

Thumbnail by hczone6
Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

My favorite fern - Cinnamon Fern

Thumbnail by hczone6
Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Variegated Solomon's Seal

Thumbnail by hczone6
Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

I have most of those plants and none of them are blooming here! The columbine, lady's mantle and Solomon's Seal are up so it won't be long. As always, beautiful pictures Jon.

-Kim

edited for bad memory

This message was edited Apr 14, 2007 9:11 PM

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

I must have Ric on the brain - I fixed it. Who knows..reading too many threads in different windows comes to mind though! Hey, it was 3 letters. LOL

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

No problem :) You're right...both 3 letters....not too far off...LOL

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Jon, Please post pics when the Solomon's Seal blooms! Can't there be some kind of alert in my Inbox when you post a picture? :)

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Here's a picture from last year if you don't want to wait :) If you add this thread to your watch list, you'll see when anyone posts a new reply.

Thumbnail by hczone6
Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

I am watching the thread. Oh, I meant an alert for whenever *you* post a picture anywhere on DG. LOL

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

What is wild that grows in shade and looks kinda like Solomans Seal without the white on the leaves? I have never gotten to see if it has a bloom or not.

I am reclaiming a shady woodland area of the yard for a shade garden and it is there, I don't know if I want to leave it or put it in the brush pile with the Virginia creeper and some green brier vine with wicked thorns on it.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Could it be an unvarieaged solomon's seal?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.