Where to eat in Bishop, GA?

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Our Garden Group is visiting the Piccadilly Hosta Farm in May and I wondered if anyone had a suggestion where we could go for lunch nearby? We will probably be travelling home south to I20 but I I don't think we'll want to go into Madison itself. (Apologies if this is too off-topic)

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

A hosta farm? Thanks for the info, I will have to check them out one day. I know there is a Zaxby's in Bishop. Or you can go to yellowpages. com and see what else is there. Hope this helps some!

Susan

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

Susan I haven't been through bishop in a few months but I didn't know about a Zaxby's there,I know there's one near watkinsvill right off highway 53but the only thing in bishop i can remember is a Golden pantry

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

Artgal your best bet would be to follow 441 by-pass around Madison and turn left at the traffic light at 441,there are several fast food places and maybe even something a little "classier"

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Our little group went yesterday to Picadilly Farms that opened especially for us. They are wholesale and only open to the public on Fridays and Saturdays from "helleborus day" in March until the end of May - and again in September and October. Lovely shady place to wander - and certainly not just hostas but trees, shrubs, hellebores and ferns etc - mostly shade loving. We lucked out because they were having their annual sale where most pots sold for only $5. This Friday and Saturday is your last chance to take advantage of this.

Oh ... and we ate nearby in Watkinsville at a good French restuarant called Maison Blue.

Artgal,
I don't know if you are a fan of Mexican food, but our fave place Poblanos, up the street, has a restaurant in Evans. They have the best authentic Mex food!
Thank you for the info on the hosta farm. Sounds like a nice place I will have to check out in the fall.

Susan

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Susan! Mexican food is not my favorite but I do occasionally eat it - and will try this restuarant next time I do. Is Pablano's a chain?

There are only two, the one here in Lawrenceville and one in Evans. They have the best shrimp taco salad, very light! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.