Which nurseries has anyone used for salvia mail order.....

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I've bought from Canyon Creek by mail and was very happy with their prices and sizes, but am looking for other salvia mail order sources that may have others that I'm looking for. Suggestions? Thanks
Sherry

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I think there were some good nursery suggestions in this thread:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/695543/

Only place I've personally ordered salvias from is Plant Delights, everything else I have I've bought at local nurseries/sales.

Hebron, KY

Sherry,

I've bought and been happy with Lazy S'S Farm Nursery, High Country Nursery and Crownsville Nursery.

This year, not only am I buying from the 3 listed above, but am buying (new to me) from Cottage Garden and Logee's (on Dave's Garden too).

Marilyn

This message was edited Apr 15, 2007 3:18 PM

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's another one I just found--I haven't ordered anything from them but they have a good rating in Watchdog and a number of different Salvias available
http://www.plantsafari.com/Catalog/Letter/S.html

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

ecrane3, Thank you much...would you believe I have everything they have? I've been really, really busy! lol....I went to Cal State Fullerton's arboretum plant shop today and found 15 more. Everytime I look around to find some elsewhere to get off the Cabrillo list...I find others! Plus a few other things I really don't need. Digging Dog Nursery was mentioned and they do have 4 that I would like, and Joy Creek,but they're sold out of the ones that I would get from them. For those living close enough, the Fullerton Arboretum has some good stuff, plus it's just an enjoyable place to be.
Sherry

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Maybe you won't need to drive all the way up here for the Cabrillo sale at the rate you're going! I'm not sure if I'm going to make it anymore, looks like I may be coming back from a business trip on Sat that weekend, I could always go on Sun but I'm sure the good stuff will be gone plus after being out of town all week I don't know if I'll feel like driving 2 hrs down there. We'll see!

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I keep finding others (I think they're hybridizing daily!). I would love to find the ones offered by Cabrillo elsewhere so as not to have to make the trip, but I'm not seeing them anywhere else. If you don't make this sale, drdon says the fall sale is good at Strybing.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Strybing doesn't have a fall sale--their big sale is once a year in the spring. They do have monthly sales and the one in July has Salvias as one of the featured items, maybe that's the one he meant? Either that or he was thinking of UC Berkeley Bot. Garden which does have a fall sale and a pretty good selection of salvias. I'm hoping Berkeley has a good selection at their spring sale, if they do then I won't mind if I can't get down to Cabrillo.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

He possibly meant July sale. I wish I were in the Bay area to hit all the good sales! For many other reasons also...there's so much good stuff up there.
Sherry

Melbourne, FL

Just received another nice order from mountainvalleygrowers.com They are a great company to deal with and ship nice plants very quickly.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I had not heard of them before...they do have a nice selection, thanks.
Sherry

Lazy S, Plant Delights Nursery, Plant Safari, High Country Gardens, Select Seeds, A World of Salvias (Rich Dufresne) all sell quality products.

Joseph

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Plant Delights.

Deb

Bethel, ME

Last year I ordered some Agastaches from White Flower Farms for the first time, they carry a variety. Though I wasn't happy with the timing of their shipping (way too early for my region), I must say I'm very happy with the high quality plants. They got huge quickly and were full of blooms well until the snow came last year. They've all survived the harsh winter here in northern Maine (I've lost many previously) and are already a foot tall this season.

I had a really great "out of box" experience with my recent purchase of Salvia plants from Digging Dog Nursery. They shipped plants with such robust root systems. They will do great first year in the garden.

Joseph

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I think I'll just take a little look at what Digging Dog has to offer..........

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I have an order with Diggingdog they are due to ship next week (my choice) good to hear of your good experience with their plants...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.