project management

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I've been in class for two and a half days now... well, nearly three. About 40 in the class, it's a standard project management course, required of most professional-level folks in the company. So the variety of attendees, from "hey, this is great!" all the way to "heck no I won't enjoy it. I'm only here because I have to be." folks from R&D, manufacturing, sales, engineering design, marketing, safety, the works.

I have been in about 4 small groups for team projects so far these past few days. Just today I get the first grouchy group. HMPH. Every other group I've been in we've had a blast, laughing & flat enjoying ourselves. I say "I'm stuck in the class, I ought to enjoy myself, because I'm not at home with my horses, I'm stuck here.... If I make it miserable, it won't go away, and will feel 50times longer." Apparently some of the folks in my new group don't feel that way. They're mad they're here, and we're all going to suffer because of it... Oh goodnes is today over?!? :)

Chewie got new shoes, nail-ons. Also had equi-lox put on the outside of the hoof (basically a grey polyurethane that allows him to shoe-big and keep Chew from tearing off the shoe). When I left Sunday, the equi-lox was peeling from his hoof... SHOOT that reminds me. I need to call the farrier with the bad news.

HI EVERYBODY! Pretend like you miss me for the rest of the week!

-Jenn & Chewie... and Jenn's boss, who while he's not looking over my shoulder now, he has been all the time except when I'm sleeping.... another whole LONG story.. let the rumor-mill grind...

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!