Starting us off

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

I'll start us off with some arrangements I did last week. Some have already been posted but not here in our new forum :~) This is some double daffs and one cupped daff I didn't even know I had. Probably came in a trade. Gotta love those plant trades on DG!

Lana

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Several different Hyacinth cultivars. I bought the glass bowl/glass whatever it is to use as a mini terrerium.

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
(Zone 1)

Thank You Dave & Co. for this new forum! I love cut flowers from the garden and have fun arranging stuff in vases, bowls, pitchers etc. Now, I need to get out soon and cut some "Pretties" for arranging and post a photo!

Where is GessieGail? She really, really wanted this forum and does wonderful bouquets! Oh, I just remembered ... her Aunt passed away so she has a house full of family and will be in and out of the Garden - She will be back here soon though, showing us some of her Beautiful arrangements!

Lin

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Here's another pic of the hyacinths a couple days later, added some more cultivars.

Lana

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Key West, FL(Zone 11)

Wow, I get lots of messages about zone envy, living way down here in Zone 11b, but we just don't get flowers as colourfull as those, and when we do not so many that they'll fill a vase. Nice pics.
thanks, Neil

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

My envy for your zone would be for the big lush foliage and the tropical fragrant plants, yummm. I do love the spring flowers here. It's something to look forward to after dealing with everything winter throws at you :~) It's like natures present for hanging in there.

Lana

Interlachen, FL(Zone 9a)

Your flowers are gorgeous, Lana!

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Here is a daffodil arrangement I just put together with contorted filbert branches. The filbert is great for lines in flowers. I don't know if you all are aware that daffodil stems do exude a substance that other flowers do not like, so arrangements using daffs will really be better without other flowers. but I don't really care I mix them in anyway.

Thumbnail by rutholive
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

That's lovely, Ruth. Love the color and shape contrasts. I've always wanted a contorted filbert. I didn't realize that about using other flowers with daffs.

Lana

Interlachen, FL(Zone 9a)

Beautiful, Ruth. Love the Harry Lauder's Walking Stick, too.

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

What all do you have in your cutting gardens? I'm looking for more ideas!

I have peonies, iris, tulips, lilies, roses and a few types of daisies.
I always plant dalias, glads and zinnas and sunflowers for my annuals.

LoraB.

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

I don't actually have a cutting garden per se but just cut from my beds. The Hyacinth and Daffs cut this spring were done because of the hard freezes we were having. I would like to put in a cutting garden but so many things to do so little time! :~)

Lana

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

I don't have a cutting garden as such either, just cut from my garden. Have hundreds of daffodils right now and quite a few hyacinths. I like to use branches from my trees and shrubs for line material. It is trying to rain, which I hope it does, but if it doesn't I will go cut something to make some kind of flower arrangement.

Donna

(Zone 1)

I just posted an arrangement I just made on the first "welcome" thread ...

Thumbnail by plantladylin
Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

plantladylin, Prettty osteospermum and look very nice in the pitcher.

I gathered a few flowers today and they are hardening off now, will try to send a picture tomorrow.

Donna

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

OH, I got the name of the african daisy's almost right in the other thread LOL. I put spumen instead of spermum. thought I was close :~) Very pretty.

Lana

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Here is what I did with the plant material I cut yesterday. the branches are from Prunus nigra-Canadian Plum, Hyacinth, Hellebore, and tulips. The wood of the Prunus is very tough, had to use pruners and cut up the stem about 1/2" to even get them down onto the pin frog in the container.

Donna

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Did you forget the pic? ;o)

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Yes, guess I did. Will try again

Thumbnail by rutholive
(Zone 1)

Now .... That's Arranging! Love the form and shape of your arrangement Rutholive! Good job ..... Very Nice!

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Oh my, Ruth, that is just lovely! Very artistic and thoughtful.

Lana

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Donna, you have quite the artistic flair! Just lovely!

This message was edited Apr 15, 2007 3:49 PM

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Very nice, Rutholive!

Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

Love the arrangement Donna especially your choice of flowers. You must have a wonderful variety of flowers to choose from and to me they are unusual or maybe that's because I don't grow those here in South Texas. I too am loving this forum. Thanks to Dave for giving it to us and to Gail for suggesting it.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Thank you all, I love working with flowers . I do have quite a few things now and through summer to use.

Donna

Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

Well that's good to hear now that we have this forum. Keep those pictures coming!!!!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Patty, don't you wish we could grow Osteopernum (sp???) down here....it is all over the nurseries, but the minute summer hits the first of June, they go down quicker than any heat hating plant!! I missed this thread....love it!!

(Zone 1)

We have plenty of heat here in Florida too! Mine are planted in an area where they get water from the sprinkler system twice a week.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I planted them at the church two years in a row, but maybe the sprinkler is the secret....I finally gave up....think they are one of the prettiest flowers ever!!! I am going to try them here at the house and see what happens....the beds at church get watered whenever someone thinks about it.

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Mine fell on their face last year too. Wonder if I kept them in part shade what they would do. I think it's Osteospermum.

Lana

(Zone 1)

Yes Lana, the name of the plant is Osteospermum .... I have some in an Orange color in hanging baskets on my deck. I just love the daisy like flower. When I bought the white and purple ones a few years ago they were labeled as "African Daisy".

Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

Here's the last of my snaps with a few pink larkspur added in

Thumbnail by phughes
Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

and one more

Thumbnail by phughes
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh, Patty, my favorite color in a snap is the second picture.....orange yummy pink.....
I saw Osteospermum today at Johnsons calling my name....they were in hot pink!!! I may have to give them a second chance.....
don't you just love having fresh flowers in the house?? And....we love the posts everyone!!!

Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

I knew you would like that orangey colored snap, Gail. I thought of you when I posted it.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

phughes, Very pretty springlike flower designs. sorry I just haven't taken the time to cut anything. Maybe tomorrow. It was 75 degrees here today and spring blooms are just popping. still have lots of daffodils and tulips.

Donna

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Patty, I just posted some pics of coleus I like at Johnson's today.....it was raining so i didn't buy any.....going back this week for more...they are posted under Coleus Chatter......
I do love orange, pink and purple together.......it floats my boat!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.