Greg Iles, Nelson DeMille Etc ??

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I am about 1/3 of the way through listening to a book on CD by Nelson DeMille called Wild Fire. First book by him that I have "read." So far it is pretty good! Anyone have a suggestion for which book to check out next? Most have holds/reserves on at the libraries I go to, so would help to get a recomendation.

Another new author to me is Greg Iles. I just read 24 Hours. The first 1/5 of the book took me about 3 days to read - a few pages here and there as I had a couple minutes... then I could not put it down and finished it all in one night. Was up till 5:45 a.m. !! A mistake!!! I don't have very good eyesight. I wear trifocals over very strong contact lenses, and the next day my eyes were really red and swollen! Looked like I had been out on an all night drunk or something! :-0 From now on, I MUST make sure any books of his are either large print or on tape or CD. No more all nighters with regular typeface! YIKES!

I stopped today on the way to work at one library and got Iles' new one, True Evil (large print ! LOL!) and have Dead Sleep on reserve at another library on CD.

-------------------

Anyone have any other fast paced action authors to recommend? I have read quite a few already... the "Prey" series for example... they don't need to be police stories, or modern day.

I did check out a lot of the books on the Oprah list, but found I was a bit bored by the theme of a struggling woman or women over and over in all of them, and these two new authors, Iles and DeMille have broken up that theme quite nicely. I don't mind a struggling women theme... but not one after another after another for months. LOL.

One sad thing about finding new authors.... they have only written so many books. Like Iles for example.. I think he has only written 7 or 8 books. Once I read those, I'll be out looking for yet another author. LOL. And, since I try to find them on CD or large print, it can be hard to find them. I go to 6 different library systems. I love it that you can access their card catalogs online and "reserve" a book to be sent to the branch nearest you from your computer whenever you want. Not quite as nice as just browsing a shelf.... but it is great when you know ahead what book you want. Since finding the book threads here at Dave's I have found a lot of books I would not have known about otherwise.

Thanks!
Jules

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!