Treasure found at my antique show!!

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

BUT i think with the cottage look .....you can't have too many plants....; you can have too much yard art ...but never too many plants...;

i myself now have to be very careful....there is a wrought iron table and chairs for sale in our town and no one wants to pay 150 for it....I WANT IT...but i really think that i have come to my limit with regards to wrought iron ....so i gave myself permission to have it but that i would have to get rid of one of my other sets......; i have 4 sets of patio of tables and chairs and that is not including the little setees....or chairs that go with the settees.....; SO, i couldn't decide what i would get rid of....so i havent bought it (YET)....i drive past the place to see and make sure it is there....but haven't figured it out yet...(yes i am nuts)

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

OM Goodness!! ME TOO!! I already have enough seats and such and I'm always on the lookout for more.. Two rockers and a table on the front porch, bench seat top of driveway (pictured) standard back deck 4 seating rockers with cushions and shade umbrella on deck, then the lounge rocker from craigslist, the four foldout chairs from Ballard's clearance center, and then a lonesome bench in the north forty that use to be where this new one is now... I did sit there yesterday, so it does get used.. I LOVE seating too!! yard art and Seating!!! :)

:)

Susan

Thumbnail by soulgardenlove
Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

ohhhhh and I forgot.. under the apple tree by the veggie beds seating and more yard art.. now whooos crazy here?? It's so good to find kindred spirits on Daves. it makes the obsession seem so Okay. :)

Susan

Thumbnail by soulgardenlove
Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Can my kids toys laying around the yard be considered art?? :)

Susan

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

;)

Carmichael, CA

I am looking at the two woven basket planters you have behind it, those are so cool!

We share a love for finds. Actually, our business is finding great things. We have been doing this for about 8 years and work from home, love it. But the best thing is all the things we find for our house and kids. People come into our house and just stare at things. Looking through our garage brings people down memory lane, it is so neat to watch.

We looked at over 150 houses and called over 400 before taking this one...the house had to match our ranchy stuff!

Everything in our house and yard has been hand picked, one at a time. We usually hit 20-100 estate / garage sales each weekend. 30 per day is usual in the good months.

Some of the finds that quickly come to mind over last weekend are another bug zapper for $4.00, a $300 bike for resell for $50, a redwood picnic table, love seat, 2 chairs and 3 mini tables for $17.

I have a table fetish and my better half is always telling me no more furniture...rolleyes, but if I like it and it is the right price, he never tells me no. lol

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

My fetish? Rockers ~ guess I'm off mine!

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

giddy those wicker planters behind the tote are dollar general....; gotta love dollar stores too!!!

Carmichael, CA

YOU ARE KIDDING????

Where and how long ago did you find them? They look like old ceramic...I was all drooling and thinking I was denied...maybe not. lol

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

not kidding...in fact i got them in aug or sep of last year...they are that styrofoam...now does that make you feel a little better...our dollar store is in the middle of no where...so they don't sell alot

Carmichael, CA

Oh sheesh,

my mom was here a few days ago and she was like YELLING at me telling me all the great stuff there right now. It is just 2 blocks away...

Waukegan, IL(Zone 5a)

here's one of my treasures - found it on the curb on garbage day. It's too big to use inside my house so I'm using it as a support for a climbing rose. All our roses were clobbered this winter so the climber is now 6 inches tall - but it will be fine. It won't take long to grow back.

Thumbnail by chris_h
Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

chris that is a keeper for sure...i wonder if you could a clear sealer on it to help the paint stay on?

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Love it Chris :)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Chris, that looks great. I like the color, it really "pops" against the dark brick.

Waukegan, IL(Zone 5a)

I have sealed it. After one summer in the sun the door lost a lot of paint. So I gave it a good scraping, planning to paint it, but I decided I like the way it looks. So I put a sealer on it instead. I hope it works because if it loses all its paint I don't think I could recreate the look.

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

chris...glad you did seal it....it should hold it for a while:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.