Reaction to cleaning (and other) chemicals ...anyone?

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm just curious if it happens to more people than I think. I clean houses part-time and some days I just feel awful. I don't even use a lot of the things that are provided to me because they make me so sick feeling. My body aches and my eyes turn red and I'm just miserable.

The main cleaner we use is an orange scented Lysol that is diluted. I use a little squirt full strength to scrub the sink, tub, shower floor, toilet. I used Scrubbing Bubbles one time and felt like I had been ran over by a truck afterwards! I usually take my own Method furniture polish and stainless steel cleaner and Perfect Glass cleaner.

For years I've had a sensitivity to "fake smoke" like in smoke machines. It will make my skin ache and just touching it hurts like I'm bruised.

Does anyone else have strange reactions? Suggestions for other things to use? (even tho I think I'm going to quit cleaning for others)

This thread has 30 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!