Spring Cleaning Gardening books, pots, and other items.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi, I am spring cleaning, and I have several items for trade/ swap. I will be posting more items on the list in the next couple of days, so keep and eyes open. I just may have what your looking for. LOL I can take pictures of any items you are interested just let me know.
I can only ship to the US or Hawaii, PR, because of the cost shipping outside of the United States is way to much. Sorry.
Patti
Items that can be shipped or picked up.
1. Growing Orchids Is Fun by Albert O. Hollingsworth
2.Crockett's Indoor Gardening by James Underwood Crockett
3.Style, Design & Details for the Outdoors Living Backyard Blueprints by David Stevens
4.Garden Makeovers Liz Dobbs and Sarah Wood
5.Houseplants & indoor gardening by Cyril C, Harris
6.Southern Livng 2001 Garden Annual
7.Gardening indoor under lights A complete guide by Fredrick h. and Jacqueline L. Kranz
8.Gardening Under Glass by Jerome Eaton.
9.Sunset Bonsai
10. Texas Native Tree and Plant Directory 1986 by Texas Departmant of AG.
11. Orchid Basic A Step-By Step Guide To Growing And General Care by Isobyl La Croix
12. Gardening Step by Step by David Carr
13.Sunset Bonsai Culture and Care of Miniture Trees ( I have two books )
14. Better Homes Houseplants The Gardener's Collection

Craft and fiction books:
1. Two-Hour Teddy Bear by Anita Louise Crane
2. Heirloom Machine Quilting by Harriet Hargrave
3.Judy Martin's Ultimate Rotary Cutting Reference
4. Great Amercian Quilts 1990

Other items for trade:(can take pictures upon request)
1.Miramar pink dish
2. African violet Dandy dish 3 available ( new)
3. Volkmann pots ( new) 2 available
4. Oyama pots one new and one slightly used
5. Stain glass paint kit in several colors
6. Precious Moments Manger -lighted
7. Precious moment bride and groom on the cake
8. Decorative blown glasss purse Vase
9. Leap frog pad
11.Carnival glass vase with berries and leaves
12. Pink Depression glass pitcher and (3) pink custards dishes
13. Precious moments January chest
14. Pink glass birds ( very pretty )
15. Tropical bird fabric *** 2 large pieces of this plant
16. Boys clothes.

My Wish list .
Hoyas ***
Dischidias
Ceropegia
Nematanthus
Aeschynanthus (for ones I don't already have)
Episcias, Columnea, Sinningia, Kohleria, Chirita, Streps, Nautilocalyx, only mini,variegated, trailing,or Chimeras African violets
Jade vine red or green
Orange tree
Amaryllis
Nun Orchid
Phormium -sundowner,rewa, tricolor
Cactus and succulents (no Agaves or prickly pear) really want Sedums
( Wish list) continues
My style is Tuscan, Mission, and a with touch of Mexican.
Decorative pots (Mosiac , Mexican,and Hypertufa type), mosiac tiles and stain glass, Inland glass grinder, St .Francis and Budda , and Angels statues, decorative ceramic hanging planters, strawberry pots/planters . I love greyhounds, cats, frogs and turtles, armadillos, flying pigs in statues or planters. Iron art. Handmade crocketed doilies ( for end table and round dinner table, or long runners). Depression Glass Patrician or Florentine Yellow or Green.

I am always looking for gameboy advance or PS2 games, and Lego minature figures, Lmax games for my stepson and grandson.
I also love glass German Christmas ornaments and bubble lights. James Avery Jewerly.

This message was edited Aug 8, 2007 7:51 AM

This message was edited Aug 10, 2007 10:14 AM

This message was edited Aug 10, 2007 10:16 AM

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Hi there,

I would be would like to put first bids on your Gardening under lights. If you willing to send it to DG address, I will send you a veriety of 2006 gardening magazines and 3 2007 books. Up to you my friend, contact me if interested and have a HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

Hi! I'm interested in your pink depression glass. I have this plant:
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/127280/

I don't have rooted cuttings yet, but if you are willing to wait or just want regular cuttings I can send those.

Michelle

Thumbnail by MsKatt
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Here is the picture of the pitcher and custard dishes.
Patti

Thumbnail by rose318
Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

Pretty! If you are interested in my plant, I'll start rooting some cuttings for you. How many?

Michelle

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Rose 318

Are you wanting or trading the mosaic tiles? I have numerous 1/2 marble type stuff for mosaics also.

Peggy P

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Dylancgc, I am wanting mosiac tiles.

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Do you want some Plastic teardrop things also? Or the 1/2 glass marbles? Send me your addy by personal message. I'll check your trade list.

PeggyP

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Sorry Dylancgc for not getting back to you sooner. I not interested marbles halves, and I am not using plastic, because they don't hold up in the heat here.
Thanks,
Patti

This message was edited Apr 16, 2007 3:45 PM

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Ok dmail me your address and I'll send what tiles I have. I just couldn't get interested in the mosaic thing. I am not creative that way, that's probably why.

U.P., MI(Zone 5a)

Hello,
I am interested in the african violet book. I own a game shop I have lots of ps2 & gameboy games. What are you looking for?

Thanks,
Sue

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Glamourpuss, I will have to get back with you later tonight when my son (age 11) and grandson ( age 6) gets home from school. I don't know which ones they are looking for.
Thanks, Patti

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

rose318

Did I tell you I mailed the mosaic tiles today? They aren't big sacks but I love the colors.
PeggyP

I sent you a dmail regarding book no. 20.....

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm interested in the AV pot and the other pots you listed; the names don't tell me anything. Any chance you could post a picture? And books 4, 5, 6, 7?

xxx, Carrie

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Carrie,
Here is the pots I posted on DG a while back. I now have two pink and one blue Dandy self-watering pot. The pictures only shows two pots.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/667119/

Patti

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

What are they made of?

xx, Carrie

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Plastic.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

No thanks on the pots. What would you like for the books?

xxx, Carrie

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Carrie please check my wish list above. I also have plants listed on my have/ want list.
Patti

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I have lots of WS noids? I'm in massachusetts, so nothing I have is like what you want. I'll check your trade list.

x, C

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Carrie what is WS Noid?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wintersowed, no identification. I took the Sharpie company seriously when they said "waterproof", but it turns out they did NOT mean waterproof through rain storms and snow storms and serious cold. I have like 80% germination of maybe 450 plants (some are the same) and until they get bigger, I don't know what is what.

LOL.
xxxx, Carrie

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

So sorry, I have none of those. I wouldn't normally grow a non-hardy perennial. It would have to be grown as an annual. I do have some "autumn joy" type sedum, too much in fact, but I don't know specifically what kind it is. I also have a brown pot you might like.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170100633564&rd=1&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

xxx, C

Harlowton, MT(Zone 4a)

I am interested in the 30 1 gal pots. I have Sunburst cactus, maybe a couple of native cactus.
Please get back to me.
Tena

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Sorry Dirtfloor they are for pick up only.

Bolivar, TN(Zone 7a)

Rose318 - To bad I didn't see your want list before I went to Mexico, would have picked you up some pots. They were dirt cheap. Things that you would pay $30 or $40 for here were selling for $4 or $5 down there. All duty free.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh well, it wasn't meant to be.

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

Don't have anything on your wish list; but, look at my have 'Haves' on my trading page and see if I have anything for
African violet Dandy dish 3
Volkmann pots ( new) 2
Oyama pots one new and one slightly used
Linda

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Sorry Linda I didn't see anything either.
Patti

Central Valley, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi Rose318,
I doubt that I have anything you'd like, but I am perfectly willing to pay for your postage & time in sending these books, if you'd like:

7.Gardening101 Martha Stewart

16.Sunset Pruning Handbook
17. Sunset How to grow House Plants
19.The Time-Life Book of Bulbs by James Underwood Crockett
20. The American Horticultural Society Cacti and Succulents
21. Better Homes and Gardens New Garden Book
22.Gardening in Containers by Ortho
23.Fantantic Cactus Indoor and in Nature By Edith Raskin
24. How To Grow Vegetables And Fruits By Organic Method By J.L. Rodale

Or, I could order and have a nursury send you a Bird of paradise plant, in exchange, if you'd rather do that. Thanks,
Cyra

This message was edited Jun 8, 2007 12:44 PM

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Cyra, Sending you a dmail. Patti

This message was edited Jun 19, 2007 9:54 AM

How many pounds do these books add up to? There is a mail rate at the Post Office which is just for books and other media, which is extremely inexpensive, have you asked about it, yet? Thanks, Cyra

Rose318,
How would you like me to send you the $ ? Is Paypal an option, or is there another method you'd prefer?
Cyra
PS. I rec'd your email and understand your point:)

Medford, NJ

Hi Neighbor -
what kind of ceropegia are you looking for?

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Any

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Patti: What is the 'age range' of the IQuest and which cartridges(subjects and their age range) do you have?
I have a few things you might be interested in and might be interested in your philodendron on the trading page, too, if we can work this out.
I noted someone special is interested in your philodendron and she *needs* it, LOL!! So never mind about that.....I'll check into the other thing!

I shouldn't be even *thinking* about setting up another trade...but...well...you know;)

This message was edited Jul 10, 2007 12:26 PM

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Nan. It has two science cartridges for 5th grade and starter pack cartridge ,but is great for any grade. The face plate has no scratches, and in great shape. I am not sure on the age range.
Patti

This message was edited Jul 10, 2007 12:28 PM

Thumbnail by rose318
SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Thanks for the photo, Patti!
I'm seriously interested in that, and I've got a few plants that I think you might be interested in.
I'll take photos of them tonight and try *really hard* to get them to you tomorrow....I still have a few photos to send to Shirley that I haven't had time to upload.....I'll get it done for both of you ASAP!!

Medford, NJ

Patti, I have two types of rosary vine, one with silvery rounded leaves, reddish on the back, and one with greener more arrow shaped leaves. I am very busy right now with school and work, but maybe if you want I could mail you some tubers/cuttings sometime when the weather cools off in September?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.