POOF! Gone! Just like that. What happened?????

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Tonight I wrote a long D-mail to someone I correspond with a lot. I was still writing when--I must have hit some key, accidentally, with my left hand, and the whole D-mail was GONE! However, as I did not realize it right away and continued typing, whatever i was still typing was seen on a new, blank D-mail screen.

This has happened to me maybe twice before. It is so frustrating! There is NO way I can re-type everything i was typing. How can something just disappear?????

I typed up a new, shorter version, explained it all and hit "send". Then I typed a bunch of "Jibberish" in a new screen and hit every key the left hand would hit (accidentally) to see if I could make my typed "message" go away. NOPE!

Can anyone tell me WHAT it is that I may have hit (accidentally) on the left bottom of the keyboard to make a whole typed D-mail disappear???? NO! It was not sent. I checked it. It was simply GONE! On the left all there is is the "caps lock"--"shift"---"alt"---"ctrl"--- and the windows key. If I had hit any two of them simultaneously, unintentionally, would that have caused all my text to be deleted? Which ones????

Please help!!!! Gita

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!