Merry - er - Easter????

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Well then, we have now had way more snow in April than we did in December. What's up with that??? We have had at least 18 inches, although the ground had gotten warm enough that it melts down some between showers. You probably won't hear about this on the weather channel, as it hasn't snowed that much everywhere in western NY, and not even in this area, but it is one of those "in the higher elevations," and that covers us pretty well. The dress code in church today was pretty evenly split between the diehard new Easter dress wearers and the, "For crying out loud it's 22 degrees out there!" still in our winter duds wearers (brown pants, cotton long sleeve shirt, brown tweed wool jacket for me).

The little heifers that we turned out last weekend when it was 70 seemed to be a bit stunned at first, but so far are dealing well and are at least smart enough to go down and sleep in the lee of the evergreens and come up for grain and water and hay. One did get out, but Stan got her back in without any problems. Knock on wood.

Aside from the snow, we are having a quiet weekend. The NY daughter and family are visiting the KY daughter and family. Stan and I took a crockpot full of round steak, potatoes and little carrots over to my parents for lunch and then I tried to get my Dad's email provider happy. I just hope I didn't screw things up too badly with his new voice mail phone - what a joy new technology is! : P

Here's what it looks like out the front window of the house.

Happy Easter!

Thumbnail by Kathleen
This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!