Happy Easter

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Happy Easter To All Of You At Northeast Gardening (that celebrate the holiday)
I'm grammyphoebe, a newcomer at Dave's Garden and in this forum and I just figured out how to start a topic - WOW!!! I'm a slow learner. It's still cold in upstate NY so I haven't done any gardening at all. I don't really think I have much advice to offer but after reading some of the different threads there is a lot I can learn from all of you.
I'm including a photo with a little guessing game - my two daughters tell me I have nothing better to do than play on the computer. But I take care of my grandson which is the reason for the "grammy" part of "grammyphoebe" and that keeps plenty busy. Which is the Mommy and which is the Auntie?? I know the middle photo is the wrong holiday but he looked so cute in his Yoda costume.

This message was edited Apr 8, 2007 6:19 AM

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
Providence, RI(Zone 6a)

Welcome grammyphoeb! Happy Easter to you as well!!

You did a super job starting this thread and even attached an image ~ I don't consider this being slow by any stretch of the imagination. :-) You seem pretty advanced to me!

It's pretty cold here at the moment (well, it is to me) 30F ~ BRRRR!!!

You have a lovely family!!! I'm guessing mom is on the left with auntie on the right. Love the photo of your grandson in the yoda costume ~ very cute!!

The folks here in the NE forum are really nice and very knowledgeable. If you have any questions just ask ~ someone will know or point you in the right direction (except me, being a newbie gardener who is learning from scratch).

Enjoy the wonderful folks here ~ they'll make you feel right at home!!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes! Happy Easter everyone! 7:20 am and 30 degrees in Springfield.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

grammyphoeb,
I love "Yoda"!!! That is so sweet. I would guess Mom is on the right and Auntie on the left.
Hope you have a Happy Easter, especially "YODA" LOL

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi! I'm voting for mom on the right. (is there a prize?) love the Yoda costume...grandson is adorable!

also upstate NY here. I am denying the snow and cold. I stay in the house and pretend I don't see it. just keep my back to the windows. don't watch weather reports, etc. it can't last forever.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I say mom's on the left. Happy Easter to those celebrating!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Welcome Grammy

I am going to guess mom is on the left.

I had this woman in a store ask me to guess her age recently - I don't think she was expecting me to guess over it.LOL

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

It is sunny and snowing (a little) in Bridgeport, CT this morning. Mom is on the right.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

is not

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

The Easter Bunny???????

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Providence, RI(Zone 6a)

Al, that is soooo funny!!

I'm changing my vote...auntie on left and mom on right. I'm basing this less on the young ladies in the photos and more on the positioning of the little cutie pie in relation to the women.

pixie ~ love your photos ~ beautiful color and design on those eggs!! Who knew the Easter Bunny wore Levis? :-)

I have a bad memory but wasn't pixie the one that we should also be looking at her feet or was that some other Easter Bunny? I can't remember what thread I was on when I saw the pic of the bunny feet!!

As for the Easter Eggs I will let you know at the end of the day who is who and there is no prize - bummer!
Hey how come no one has chosen the one in the middle holding Yoda as the mother or the aunt?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Didn't know it was an option.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

grammyphoeb, you memory is fine....that would be me with the bunny feet. Had a heck of a time walking in those darn things!!!
Here I am TRYING to walk...there was NO hopping!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

but I achieved the results in the snow that I wanted.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

and the happy campers made it worth it!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560

pixie - looks like everyone had a good time, including the bunny with the bushy tail and the big feet. Who had the most fun , you or the kids? You are a good sport and as you said the kids all make it worth it. They are beautiful children and lucky to have you as their Easter Bunny!!

The answer:
Mom is on the right and Auntie on the left and bigcityal you're correct. The one in the middle is not an option because she is way too old! (But she is still a Mom)
Hope all of you had a good day and spent it with your families. I was lucky my oldest daughter (Auntie) cooked our Easter dinner after church. As you can see it gave me time to play on the computer this morning while she slaved away in her kitchen doing prep, but I did cleanup while she played with her nephew. It was a fun day.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

My guess was still wrong.

Pixie - looks like fun - except the snow.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Grammy, I guessed right. You in the middle?

Providence, RI(Zone 6a)

I guessed right after I changed my vote. :-)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I was right!! Just the way she had the baby up close to her face gave it away. And he looks just like her!

The GD's had fun, I had fun, but DH had the most fun! It was him who made the funny feet in a last minute brain cramp. It was him who HAD to pin the cotton tail on my butt. And it was him w/the camera hoping to catch me doing something foolish w/the feet on!

Auntie holds the baby close also. In fact the real Mommy said something funny yesterday that we all got a laugh out of when I disagreed with something and she said, "I'm one of his mother's too you know". The baby really has three mothers who take care of him and love him but he knows who the real one is and wants her when she is around!

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.