keeping plants covered

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

Just looked at accuweather for Pgh, Pa. We will have ups and downs through April 20th!Some nights the temp. will be 35, but the reall feel will be something like 27. It took me hours to cover what I could in my garden. How long can I keep them covered? I just don't have the time to unwrap and re-wrap. What is everybody doing and how long will you keep your plants, shrubs, etc. covered?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I'm no expert, but unless you planted something tender, I wouldn't worry too much about 35 degrees. I think perennials are used to dealing with that. I don't think this will be a great year for daffs but I don't know what we could do about it.
Good luck.

(Zone 4a)

Not good weather for gardeners that is for sure :(

No the weather forecast is not good. They are saying on WMUR (channel 9 NH) we can be stuck in this for over a week, maybe two weeks. OH well.

What are the records? Hurricane in 1938 - no name in NH. MA got hit with it or her. Record snow in NH, I think in June - that is only my memory from hearing it. I could go search and I could be wrong.

Snow in JUNE? March comes in like a Lion and goes out like a lamb. April showers bring May Flowers. Snow in June - ?????

(Zone 4a)

Don't even "think" of snow in June! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.