cordylines

adelaide, Australia

My cordylines seem to be producing new plants from the trunk does anyune know if I can remove these and plant them if so how do l go about it,any help greatly appreciated

townsville, Australia

Hi Ellwood,
I am no expert but I would think yes you can, or better still you could cut the larger part of the coryline down near the new shoots and let them continue to grow and plant the top of the existing plant, it will send out roots and continue to grow. My dogs were playing around a potted cordyline of mine and snapped it, I now have a few! the base grew new shoots and the top grew roots and took to a new pot. I would double check first because as I said I am no expert but in my experience they are very easy to propigate.

nelson, New Zealand(Zone 9a)

Ellwood, I have propagated these flax plants by just pulling away a piece of the plant from the base. They had roots growing down from the leaves and all grew on well..

I googled - Cordyline propagation and got several sites and the one that seemed the best to read was one from The Royal Hortiicultural Society - Cordyline plant trials.

I have copied and pasted the link but not sure whether it will open for you as it does not look right

http://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/trials_cordyline.asp

nelson, New Zealand(Zone 9a)

I just checked and it has opened okay, hope it gives you some useful info.

This is the only Cordyline I have in this garden and I will be taking some plantts from it in due course.

Thumbnail by ferrymead

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.