preeeeeeeetty. lol

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Thats lovely.

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Nice canna, Paul :-)

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

it came from you Alice

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

What is her foliage and height? She sure is nice to look at. Here are my cannas so far this year.... I bet I will get blooms this year. Last year they were too small and most did not have enough time to get established and bloom. My tropicanna first leaves look horrible... sickly but the new ones that have come out in the past few days look great. This pic was taken 1 week ago.

Tammie

Thumbnail by LhasaLover

oops, the sickly tropicanna is not in that pic... it is in one of its own... remember, it looks much better now... 1 week later. My mother has a group that are all about 14" high and they all look virused... nothing near them and they looked great last year. I am going to try some messenger on them and see if it helps.

Tammie

Thumbnail by LhasaLover
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

what kind of soil do you have under that mulch? and does that wall or fence shade it a lot ? Paul

Actually, this is the one part of the yard that gets blasted by the sun all day. I had nothing growing there for years... nothing would. The bark that was there partially decomposed over 15 years and left a 2 inch layer of rich dark black pretty stuff. I removed all the bark and poured 6 bags of compost and manure in there and thoroughly mixed in.. then planted the cannas last fall. It was a lot of work for me. I will get a picture of the tropicanna now. It really looks better. My only problem over there now is getting enough water to all the plants. Right now not a problem.. we have had lots of rain the past month and the soil has stayed damp. I use the sprinklers and hand water with buckets when I can't seem to get it wet enough.

Tammie

Ok, here it is now... it is cold out there. I am afraid it is going to get colder than expected. Temp keeps going between 46 & 48 instead of gradually going up like it usually does this time of the day.

Tammie

Thumbnail by LhasaLover
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

What are those Iris in the first Picture?

Those are little dutch iris. I just planted the bulbs last fall so they only have 1 or 2 blooms this year. Mom has some that grow as a big grassy like clump and hav 24+ blooms... she even has them in yellow. Hers are quite a few years old.

Just saw the change in the forecast... 31 tonight and possibly snow. I will cover this garden area with a BIG cover I sewed togethr out of blue surgical sheets. They let air through but are water resisant. Help keep things a little warmer near the ground. It won't be difficult since the cannas are still short.

Tammie

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

phicks that's a very cool bloom

Here is my canna bed today... quite a comparison from the one taken yesterday... they are all toast. Glad I took the pic yesterday.

snow on the ground here only happens once a year usually... this is the 3rd time this year!

Tammie

Thumbnail by LhasaLover
Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Paul, inquiring minds would like to know...(Pretty Please)
Where do you find all the different Canna's,I'm lucky to find one or two a year.
And I will have the chance to do some shopping in central and south Florida
Next week.(Ocala-FT.Myers)do you know of any great shopping thru those areas?
Thanks Pheadra

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi i get most of my Cannas From Alice Harris And my seeds to i do some tradeing on line not many places in florida carry many diff types id stay away from wall marts cannas tho and i get a few off line heres Alice Site http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ you may want to check out E bay To Alice has a site there to Beloved is her name there Paul

Thumbnail by phicks

My cannas are already bouncing back from the snow 3 days ago. Of course the ones that were covered with snow are gone down to the ground but the ones I managed to keep covered look great. There was just too much wind. I just wish I could have kept my canna australia covered... they are down to the ground and not looking happy. They were very small last fall .. sure hope they come back.

Tammie

LONDON, United Kingdom

wonder......................full ...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.