Chinese Wisteria 1st Blooms

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

That's definitely the problem in my yard now. However, 29 years ago I had a lot more sun than I do now and my wisteria would never bloom. But your right about the sun. The wisteria around Little Rock is just beautiful right now.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

To make it up, I've another pea-like blooms. Here is a Texas Mountain Laurel in bloom currently. The color is off a little, it's more purple rather than blue as it appears here due to lighting I think.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

That's gorgeous! Love the leaf on it also. Bet it also needs sun.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Yes, as much as I can provide. I've transplanted it from a shadier area, and after several years, it finally bloom for me.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Mine has been in the full sun 5 yrs and this is the first year it bloomed

Thumbnail by Riverland
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Cindy's color of the bloom are true to life. Yes, they prefer lot of sun, and not too rich soil. They prefer rocky condition....but I've this small part of the yard that still has little bit of sunshine.

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

It is a beautiful plant with a beautiful bloom... We have two different places on our 5 acres that we have to literally FIGHT it to keep it from killing our very large oak trees. It was here when we bought the place. While its very pretty, it's not worth the fight or the possible loss of the large oaks. In some places (here) it is considered invasive and I know first hand why.

As long as you can keep it containerized it should be fine but I have found that if you so much as allow it to touch the ground you may be in for a very rough ride. Good Luck to you..

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Well stated, GTS. I wished what I know now that I didn't know then when I first became infatuated with this beautiful flowers. Most of mine are containerized, but I have one that's in a big container that has never bloomed due to sun/shade condition. DH and I are making plans of cutting that huge vine down off the arbor that we planted years ago.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.