Will my peaches be alright?

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

My peach trees have fruit starting on them, looks like my temp is going down to about 33 saturday night. Think my peaches will make it?

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

If the temps stay above 30 degrees, you should be all right.

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

Sigh. And if it goes lower? I have just found a tree which has tiny fruits (don't know what it is) but it's way too big to cover. I also found (first year in this house) what seems to be a cherry tree with fruit forming as well. Any hope for these? we'll be below 30 for at least 2 nights, I think.
Margo

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Prediction of 25 here for Sunday morning. Peaches, Plums and blueberries have small fruits and have leafed out, which helps a little, But at this point, just pray that the prediction is wrong. Keep the fingers and toes crossed. It has been 10 years since I lost a peach crop, but this could be the year.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

I saw 29 for my area Saturday night. It's going to be close. I'm pretty close to ocean which usually makes it a few degrees above the weather forcast.

My apple trees just started flowering, peach have pea size fruits and my citrus trees are all blooming right now. I spent basicly last year figuring out what was the most cold hardy citrus and where to get them. Had a shot at having a few fruit on them this year, this will be close.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.