Firefox question

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Greetings,

I recently changed to Firefox. My question concerns the address bar at the top of the page where you type (or paste in) the URL that you want.

In IE, the most recently used URL is always at the top with infrequently used ones moving down the selection until they are dropped off the bottom.

In Firefox, they (so far at least) are maintaining their position with the ones I use most often moving down the page so that I have to scroll to get to them. So far, nothing seems to have dropped off - the drop down window just keeps getting bigger.

First - what is the proper name for that address bar? (If I knew, I might find something in the help menu). Secondly, is there a way to get it to behave like IE or for me to remove URLs that I may have used once and will probably never use again?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Ann

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!