Spring vignettes (Photobucket slideshow)

Oakland, CA(Zone 9b)

I loaded some photos on Photobucket and created a small slideshow of them. One of the things I love about cottage gardening is the small vignettes created by foliage and flowers, constantly changing with the seasons (yes we do have seasons even in coastal Northern CA!). I think you can double-click on any photo to see it enlarged.

These photos were taken just this afternoon, April 4th. Enjoy!

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c116/jkom51/April2007/?action=view¤t=1175730720.pbw

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

How beautiful! And so much color for this time of the year.

Susan

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

jkmom51....so pretty!! What is the blue leaved plant in pic called bkyd3? Spiky...kinda like iris leaves? And yes I see the iris too..but this looks different?

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Wow that is awesome! Your place and pictures are always beautiful, but this is the first batch of spring pics I've seen.

Suzy

Oakland, CA(Zone 9b)

marcy_1 - those spikey leaves are all the same purple bearded iris. I really like the foliage on this plant, it is planted in every garden bed we have. The color and shape really set off other plants well, and it's also extremely prolific and reblooming. If it only had fragrance it would be perfect, but oh well, can't have everything.

Here's another photo of it. Don't know the variety, it was given to us as a freebie.

Thumbnail by jkom51
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

jkom51....thanks! It just didn't look like the rest of the iris leaves to me I guess! Seems more blue in the other pic. Very nice though! My purple iris smell wonderful...kind of like grape jelly! But after our freeze tonight...I doubt there will be any blooms this year! Boohooooo!!

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Great slide show! Thanks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.