Pomegranete tree

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I am interested in growing a dwarf pomegranete tree in a pot. Anyone know of a REPUTABLE source where I can get one that is more than a 6 inch twig? TIA

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

This is a long shot, but paradise nursery is going out of business *soon*. I believe that they do carry them, but you would need to contact them ASAP to try to work something out. paradisnursery.com

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

If you want a larger plant, the best thing may be to have a local nursery order one for you--there are a number of mail order places that sell it but they're always going to tend to be on the small side because otherwise it costs a fortune to ship it.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Another thing I forgot to ask about poms...............are there "boy" and "girl" trees, or are they self-fertile?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

There definitely aren't separate boy and girl trees, what happens when fruit trees aren't self-fertile is that they need a different variety of the same tree to pollinate it before it'll set fruit, but any tree can bear fruit as long as it's pollinated (vs in plants with separate sexes, only the females will be able to bear fruit/berries). But for pomegranates I think they're all self-fertile so this doesn't matter.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.