Wildlife messing with Earthboxes

Wilsonville, OR(Zone 8b)

Hi,

Have any of you had problems with wildlife tearing the cover of Earthboxes (I presume they are after the organic fertilizer, thinking it is food)

Not much damage yet, hopefully they determined it was not interesting... I am guessing Racoons. What is the impact of having tears in the cover?

Thanks!

Boel (pronounced Boo-el)

Alexandria, VA(Zone 7b)

I have only had earthboxes for one season, I had black plastic on 2, red plastic on 1-decided to try it for tomatoes. Nothing disturbed my plastic & I have LOTS of squirrels that will dig up pots & beds-keeping my fingers crossed for this year...

Wilsonville, OR(Zone 8b)

I have lots of squirrels too, but they are not the culprits. I have cats patrolling the earthbox area, and the squirrels never come there. This happened overnight, so I really think it's a racoon, but of course I can't be sure. We have possums too, but the MO seems much more like a racoon. :)

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I don't have earthbox,but my pets would play with my container pots. I use Boundary spray to repel cats and dog. I just sprayed the containers. I found it a Petco. I has worked for me so far. Good luck .
Patti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.