foal watch 2007

Campobello, SC(Zone 7a)

in Cali we had Storm Watch if it even looked like it would sprinkle... :-)

Been watching their milk and Jenks was kind enough to send me a pic of milk of a mare right before she foaled. Allie's now looks like that but not quite as thick, but almost and I barely touch her and milk streams out. Last night she was sweating from head to toe whereas previously she had only sweated on her chest, armpits and neck and she was pacing her stall. She was also acting very weird. Anytime someone left the barn, she would throw her head up watching them as if "where do you think you are going??" amazed anyone would leave her and seemed most calm with someone right with her. So, I washed her down and taped her tail and watched her all night. Lady watched her too on and off which was a first. Allie kept doing this weird thing where she would back all the way up in her stall till she was pressed against the back wall and her back legs were bent almost like a dog about to sit down and just stand there like that for a while. She was restless and moving around and didn't lay down until 4am to sleep. Her belly also took on this really weird triangular shape where it was kind of pointed at the bottom somewhere between 2 and 3 am. I told my niece who's visiting and horse crazy, it's like the test that you studied really hard for and are all prepared for and go into class just to find out it's been canceled. Because we were all ready, she wouldn't have it last night :-) I heard her tell her mom this morning that she wasn't going to "study" tonight ;-p
Yawn.

This thread has 100 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!