April 2

southeast, NE

Hello everyone! Lana great to see you posting. KathyJo - I am sure that was a hard decision to sell your goats and lambs. I remember how excited you were during lambing/kidding time. We culled 7 ewes tonight. Price is really low at the sale barn on culled ewes but fats and feeders are still high. Speaking of culled, I was reading in the livestock section of the paper that someone had "cold" herefords for sale.

DD brought 7 of her FFA members to State Convention last week. She was quite excited as her nursery/landscaping team came in 3rd overall for the State. This is especially great since her school barely had a FFA chapter until she started last year.

We still have 3 cows left to calve. The calf that we were bottling that couldn't get up for several days due to her mother stepping on her is doing fairly well. She still limps but is sucking on her own.

Better get the dishes finished before I check in for the night. You all take care!

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!