You think *you* are neurotic????

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

HA!

Of course, it's Teddy's fault.

Okay, well, this is the situation: When Lucas came, I noticed an occasional hack. Thought - "eh, probably swallowed that last bite wrong" .... didn't think that much of it. Noticed yesterday that his nose is snottier than a usual horse nose, whitish yellowish, maybe a couple of extra hacks. Cold, maybe? So, this morning, he's really coughing up a storm. I'm in the house and Teddy comes in and says "Lucas just fell down." I walk out, Lucas is sitting in the hay, gets up and takes another bite. I turn to Teddy and he shrugs, says, "guess he's okay" and we get ready for the airport - but it's really bugging me now. I call the vet while we're driving - secretary says she'll have them call me back.

So I'm racing back from Nashville, getting more and more worried as the miles pass, calling everyone I can think of who might know what a 10 month old horse with a cough and snotty nose needs - is there a hose equivalent to TB? Could it be pneumonia? OMG.... but no one answers the phone.

Finally, 5 minutes from home, the vet calls - "yeah, he's probably got a shipping cough, it'll take a week or so, stop by tomorrow and I'll leave some powdered stuff that's kind of supportive, no problem, bye."

Boy can I get myself worked up into a froth..... *sigh*. Worse than a first-time mom with a newborn....

Thumbnail by Pagancat
This thread has 26 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!