Hummingbird Festival 2007

Lawrenceville, GA

I posted info AFTER this event last year and people were upset they missed it so here's the info for this year's event from gahummer.org
It's a haul (I'm in Gwinnett) but well worth the drive! I got a lot of plants for my hummingbird garden there last year and really enjoyed watching the little buggers swarm.

Georgia Hummers 3rd Annual Hummingbird Festival at Gaither's Plantation near Mansfield
Saturday, August 11, 2007 from 10:00am to 6:00pm and
Sunday, August 12, 2007 10:00am - 5:00pm
Last year's festival was such a success we expanded it to run two days!
Watch the swarms of hummingbirds and butterflies in the hummingbird garden
Observe a hummingbird banding demonstration
Artists and exhibitors with bird, garden, and nature crafts
Tour Gaither's Plantation House
Art projects, games, and face painting for the kids
Food door prizes and more
Directions: On I-20, take Exit 98 (GA11). Take GA11 south through Mansfield. Make a right on County Line Road (4th or 5th road after getting out of Mansfield). Make a right on Henderson Mill Road. Make a right on Davis Ford Road. Once on Davis Ford Road you should see Gaithers Plantation on the right. Gaither's Plantation: 270 Davis Ford Rd. Covington, GA 30014

This message was edited Apr 2, 2007 5:33 PM

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hey Judy, If Im coming from Eatonton,on 142 to Covington, How do I get to Davis Ford Road?
We will Definitely have to check this out, sounds like fun!

Lawrenceville, GA

Sorry, Eufaula... I'm good with birds but am navigationally challenged. If I even attempted to give you directions you'd be scouting hummingbirds in Guam or something.
Go to their Web site... gahummer.org... there's a contact number and I think even a map that would help you out. You can Mapquest it also and see how close it comes.
I really enjoyed it last year, neat crafts, so many hummingbirds and butterflies... gave me the inspiration to clear out the aggravating shrubs (complete with dry patches) from my front yard and put in a hummingbird garden. You now need a hard hat when you're in my front yard because they'll dive bomb you!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hmmmmm, Hard hat , Hummer Area!!! thats what I want!
Thanks Judy!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.