Cruel joke.....

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

All year it's been fifteen degrees or so above normal.... the sdb's have been great. My first tb opened today - Barn Dance. And by Saturday it's supposed to go below freezing for a few nights. Am I being punished for some dreadful thing I've done?

Neil

Lebanon, OR

We too are colder than normal this AM it was 40 at 7:00AM

D

At night it gets to frost on the ground

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

And the forecast for tonight is the mid 20s, I'm heading out to cover some things up!

Lebanon, OR

YUP, cold tonight but it was all day too.

D

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Well...if it will make you all feel better, we have about 6 inches of new snow on the ground. :(

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi Joan-

Must admit, even when I lived in PA, I was definitely tired of snow and snow flurries by March. But with all my bud stalks up and ready to open, I don't need the low of 30 degrees that they're forecasting.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

I feel your pain, Joan. In fact, your pain is falling on my iris beds at this very moment! We got about an inch of snow last night with another 3-5" in the process of falling today. I've only managed to clean last year's foliage out of one iris bed so far, and have just started cleaning up the two larger beds. We're supposed to make it back up to the 40's next week, so maybe I can get some more cleaning done then.

I requested that the Sibs I ordered from Ensata be delivered at the end of this month, but now I'm thinking that may be too early. Sure looks that way with my currently white landscape, anyway.

I'm DEFINITELY ready for winter to give way to spring!

Laurie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.