inexpensive hanging baskets

Brenham, TX(Zone 8b)

Does any one know a good source for plastic hanging baskets? I'm going to need about 20.

Hereford, TX(Zone 7a)

I got mine off of ebay. I paid about $1.50 ea.

Hope that helps.

Darin

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I shop the local dollar stores. Their plastic hanging baskets are $1. each.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I've used the dollar store ones, but the kind I really love are the ones with the self-watering bottoms... so easy to fill up the saucer/reservoir with water and let the potting mix wick it up! I was delighted to find that our newly expanded WalMart carries these at something around $3 for the smaller ones and around $5-6 for the bigger ones. I know they may not be what you're looking for, but since I've happily paid $10-15 each for hanging baskets of this design, I thought I'd pass along the info about the WalMart deal on them.

They recently got in window box planters and 16 quart pots with the same saucer/reservoir design.

San Angelo, TX(Zone 7b)

the Dollar General is where I got mine. They are having "dot" sales right now-25% and up off of garden stuff. Not all stores carry the same things- I went to another Dollar General store only to be disappointed. Also, Family dollar stores have the self-watering pots~also cheap.
Elizabeth

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Critter, what color are those baskets from WM? (say green, not white)

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I don't know that I know what these 'self-watering' hanging pots look like. I will have to go check those out. Thank you for the heads-up!

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Wrightie ~ I like the looks of the green pots and the simulated clay color also but I gotta say in the south the dark green pots tend to absorb more solar heat than the roots can stand some times...
Edited to add: White is far more reflective in the climate....

This message was edited Apr 4, 2007 7:30 AM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

The pots at WM come in a sort of speckled putty color (not bad) and an odd chartreuse shade of green that probably wouldn't get too hot the way podster mentioned for the more traditional dark green pots.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.