MO RU April 28th - FOOD LIST

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Ok here is the place to post what food(s) you will bring to the RU. Hopefully we will end up with a good well rounded healthy meal.

I'll do chicken at home on Friday morning or after work Friday night or at the park Sat. I can also do mashed potato salad. If I do a dessert it will be a fruit plate of some sort.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I can do pudding cake or I can make a cheesecake that was a HUGE hit at work Friday called Fruit Smoothie No-Bake Cheesecake.

Gravois Mills, MO(Zone 6a)

My wife has to go to joplin that weekend we just learned but I will still try to make it for a few hours. I will bring some plants you can do as you want with.

I hope you do make it for a few hours!!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Oh yes, OZ, please come for a while. As I said on another thread my time is being cut short too. This happens nearly everytime I post that I will be off. I don't what they will do in Sept if I leave on Thursday for the KY RU.

Pepper, you can bring both to the RU or bring one on Wednesday when I will be at PG(even a few pieces for just us at noon). LOL

EvaMae, I will bring the cheesecake to PG one Weds this month and the cake to the RU. Barb will be begging me to bring it back to work so I might as well oblige her. LOL

This message was edited Apr 2, 2007 7:35 PM

Sedalia, MO

I will bring a garden salad, and I think maybe a veg tray would be nice.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Leaflady,
Whew, I need to check here once in awhile. Do you want me to fill in? or how about I bring a vegetable casserole?

Oh, if anyone wants any honey, please let me know. A woman I work with has her own honey farm and grows pure honey. I will bring in a pound for anyone who wants it. It is very good honey. I have gotten spoiled by it. LOL

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Pepper, I called Barb last week about getting some honey when I come to PG but she hasn't returned my call. Please tell her I need some as I am out. The wildflower one was good but I might want some of the strawberry she use to have if she isn't out. Please tell her to call me so I can bring the money with me. I won't be coming up tomorrow because all the gardeners will be in meetings and no one will be available to supervise the volunteers.

KathyJo, a veggie casserole sounds great. Ally, your veggie tray sounds good too. I know most of us are really trying to eat healthy. I would love to have Pepper's metabolism. She has trouble keeping up to a healthy weight.

KathyJo, please let me know if you still want that guinea hen. If you don't have a cage I can let you take her home in the one I bring her in. Or you can stop by the farm and get her. I'll have her caged already and you can just take the cage. I'll get it back when I go to the KY RU in Sept. That is still pretty firmly set in stone for me. Of course emergencies could happen that will prevent it, but that is what it would take. And I don't mean being short handed at the cafe'. They will have had plenty of notice to get someone to fill in. I put up the dates in Jan. I'm coming in at the reg. time the day of the RU which sort of bugs me but what has come up is out of their control. I haven't told them for sure I would come in on time. Just that I might be able to get someone to take over the RU for me at 1 instead of 3. I've told them we are leaving for KY on Thursday so I will not be available at all on Friday and that we won't be back until Sunday evening so I won't be in on Sat. either.

Sun is shining so I need to go outside for a few minutes. GOD bless and keep each of you.

I will tell Barb tomorrow if I remember. I will have her call you.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Here's the pic of beautiful brown pots as I plant peonies already hope it grow on me.

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Love those pots!! I hope they grow as well. I need to check the ones I got from EvaMae last year to see if they are doing anything. All the ones next to the house are mini bushes, haven't checked the one in between all the pink honeysuckle and Roses of Sharon.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Also on background which I brought 12" round red brick for steps I will take some pic tomorrow.

Brown pots I got at Wal Mart and also peony too...

Gravois Mills, MO(Zone 6a)

Hobby Lobby is a good place to shop for pots.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Here's what I did put 12" round red bricks on ground:

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Looks great!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I love the brown pots and red blocks, Rusty. I have so much work to do in the yarden if it ever warms up. My body doesn't like cold wet weather.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I have enough Tang lemonade base to make 4 gallons. I'll save it for the RU.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Leaflady,
Any idea how many we are expecting?

I am hoping to bring some of Barb's honey to give as gifts so it will help to have an idea on numbers.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

KathyJo, I think I'll start an attendance thread for those who think they will be coming. Of course we all know that life happens and plans get changed, but it could give us a rough idea of how many to expect. I'm guessing about 15 or so at the most. Maybe no that many.

I'm thawing out 33# of chicken leg quarters and hoping and prying that after many months in the freezer they are still ok. If not I'll go buy a 10# bag of them or get something from the Tyson store on Thursday.

Pepper, I hope you are planning to keep it down to one jar per family. And since you already gave me one last week that will last me for a long time.

Yes, one jar per family. It is in one pound bottles so it will last a little while.

Hey oz, you gonna bring any fish?? lol

Still bringing chocolate pudding cake.

EvaMae, I haven't forgotten about the cheesecake. Just forget when in the store. lol

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I bring Baked-Eggplant Parmesan dish.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.