Saving

Milton, TN

Dear Wiser People With More Experience,

I am 18 and I work at a car dealership. I work 35-38 hours a week. I make about $200 a week. I currently have no bills. I save $75 a week. I have over 2,000 saved. I am a senior in high school and I graduate in May. I am searching for a second job to help me save. I start College in August. My parents are paying for my school and I am living at home.
My goal is to save my money for a LARGE down payment on a house. At this house I hope to get room mates that will help me pay the morgage and my house will be payed for while I am still young. I am not familiar with the prices of homes.
My question is how much should I have saved befor I begin my search for the right house for me? I want something with 2 or 3 bedroom and 2 bathrooms. Nothing fancy but it must be brick.

Thank you,
Erin (confused18)

This thread has 18 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!