Parks shipped my peach tree early - what do I do?

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I have been waiting TWO years to get this Saturn peach tree and it just arrived - too early to plant! What do I do with it?

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Yank, you might want to ask over at trees and shrubs,

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Thanks - I just did.

Danbury, CT(Zone 6a)

I planted my peach tree on March 26 last year. It did just fine. The ground was nice and mushy too, so the digging was easier.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

This is a great time to plant trees and shrubs. Dig away!

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

I've planted trees even earlier than this time of year! As long as you can dig the hole, you're good to go!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I planted my redbud yesterday.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

A couple of years ago, I subscribed to the Arbor Society, you know the deal where they send you 15 trees(12" tall). They arrived in mid-March and all but one is doing well. :)

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I vote for planting it, too.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I also got all those little trees, Sandy. I gave most of them away last year. One of the redbuds (now almost 4 feet) is going to be planted in a new garden in the terrace on our city street. - along with a lot of the extra plants I germinated.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

your neighbors must love that you live near them so they can enjoy your trees with them! I know what you mean with the 'extra' seedlings- I planted 27 moonflowers thinking just a few would come up heehee! They all have sprung to life! Maybe in the cloak of darkness I can leave some on doorsteps in the neighborhood!!(most around here aren't gardeners!)

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

That's what I plan to do - just distribute things and hope the orphans get good homes!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.