Edging recommendation

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Hi.
I was wondering if anyone could recommend something to use for the front edging in a perennial flower bed. The bed contains trees, shrubs, daylilies and several different perennials and bulbs. I'm looking for something that blooms as long as possible! I know annuals are the best for summer long bloom, and have used them for years. But I'm trying to work more on this particular bed now and want more perennials than annuals. So, anyone have any recommendations, maybe including the bloom time you get with it? The area is basically full sun. I've considered that very pretty blue lithodora 'Grace Ward'. It seems like it might bloom for quite awhile, but not all summer. Anybody have experience with it? Also saw some violas called 'Penny Azure Wing' that were very pretty, but not sure how long they bloom or if they will become invasive. Also, pictures of any edging you have used that you like are MOST welcome! ;o)
Thank you,
Sherry

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!