My Clematis Is Blooming

Pueblo West, CO

This is my one and only Clematis and it's first time to bloom. It is called Niobe.

Thumbnail by SUNNYAZ
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

very pretty, are you going to plant more now ? :)

Pueblo West, CO

Absolutely! What are everybodies favorites?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

It's hard to pick one !! I planted a evergreen armandii last year "apple blossom" and this first year of bloom I had at least 400 blooms on the plant, absolutely fantastic with a beautiful soft fragrance. I'm overwhelmed by it! It's a no-pruner tho. the blooms are light pink and turn white.

The others, its so difficult to pick ! I like Nellie Moser alot, too

Pueblo West, CO

Thanks for the suggestions.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sunny I so hope one of mine turns out to be Niobe!! I keep coming back to your picture.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I like the dark color of Niobe against your white stucco. A beautiful contrast.

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Nelly Moser is always a stand out. I also have Rhapsody and Sunset that are favorites.

Pueblo West, CO

Beth I'm going to have to look up those three Clematis's. I want to add one or two more to my garden. Thanks

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sunny you need more than one or two :o) ( you have d-mail)

Brooklyn, NY

One of my all time favorites is called Princess Diana (Texensis) - it looks like little hot pink tulips strung together on a vine.I also like a white called Miss Bateman - it has dark stamens that would go nicely with a red rose.

Poplarville, MS(Zone 8b)

Sunny, I have been saying for years that I was going to plant Niobe,after seeing your picture, I can wait no longer ! I'll have one before weeks end, it is absolutely beautiful!!!!!! I have Nelly Moser which is really pretty too. I also have Artic Queen, 2 huge old purple jackmanii which must have 500 or more blooms per season. This spring I have 2 Dr. Ruppel which I recommend to all. It is an early bloomer here[ deep south] blooms profusely and the blooms are huge,5-6 in across. It has a great repeat bloom in late Sept.- early Oct. I just ordered aVille de Lyon, which is a gorgeous red. Warning, Sunny, these things are habit forming, 1 turns into 2 which turns into 10 and so on. Kat

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

My favorite is Negritianka I think. I'm in the process of getting this pink rose to grow with it. Negritianka is one of the easier to grow clematis. It's very dark but people always comment on it. I've only had it in the garden two years but it's doing well.

Thumbnail by doss
Pueblo West, CO

So many great suggestions.
Almost bought a Clematis at Home Depot the other day until they said the price was 34 something! I loved it but, not that much!
I definately want more now! Where is a good online place to order from?

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sunny order from Silverstar Vinery. Deb is the best as far as I am concerned. I ordered 4 more from her.
Doss I need the one you mentioned. Ia m putting it on my fall planting list!!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

You won't be sorry Marie. I've ordered from Chalk Hill Nursery and Joy Creek but looking at Silverstar's site I'm very impressed. She has a beautiful selection too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.