Ah....spring & it is snowing pink snow:)

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

lovely

Thumbnail by sticks_n_stones
Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

the snow

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

the lilacs

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

crab apple tree

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Very beautiful ...

Pink snow..very lovely indeed!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Very lovely, indeed!

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

thanks for sharing the beauty.

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

I do love to see spring even in someone else's yard . Thanks for sharing.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

mmmmmmm...

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

What a beautiful garden. Thanks for sharing :-)

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

thanks for the compliments yall...but i haven't even gotten my plants out of the sunroom yet.....he he; cant wait till i can hardly walk thru the yard cause there will be so much stuff!!!!!

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I can smell those pink blossoms all the way to Michigan.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I thought of this thread yesterday... We started getting actual snow flurries, and I decided to be in denial -- it could not be snowing on Easter weekend in Maryland! I kept insisting that we were seeing flower petals blowing around... but at one point they started falling pretty thickly, and I was forced to admit that I was seeing snow.

I'm scrolling back up now for another view of what Spring *should* look like!

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

he he....well, we had 3 inches of the real stuff and it has killed the leaves on my lovely crab apple that created the pink snow above:( ...afraid to look at the other plants...hosta, salvia etc to see what damage has been done...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

ouch! I ran around covering up some things here a few days ago, but decided most of the trees would have to fend for themselves. I hope most of your plants just bounce right back! I *think* that crab apple should just put out another set of leaves... might not look fabulous this year, but it should be OK.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Sticks, I've said it before, but I'll say it again -- your place is gorgeous!

The apple orchards here are ruined. They showed on the news how to tell -- the very inside of the blossom is brown. This yields either no fruit or a non-salable deformed fruit.

I wonder how close crab apples are to apples in theis regard?

I wish it had frozen out the darn Sweet Gum blossoms -- no balls! :)

Before the bad weather, I had planted out Bachelor Buttons, poppies, Calendula, flax, Dwarf Morning Glory (Ensign Series), Wallflower and didn't even make a passing effort at covering them up and they are all fine! Well, the Calendula looks really beat up, but it will live, I think.

I also left out some snapdragons in a flat that were started indoors but I have no room under lights, even allowing for rotating plants in and out of the lights. They froze solid, looked like frozen lettuce at the bottom of the fridge, except they have a reddish tint. I looked at them today and they are fine! Very strange and now I wish I had taken before and after pictures.

We got down to 23, but had sub freezing weather for 12 hours a day for 4 days and for 6 hours for two days. I think frost is more detrimental to most plants than even a hard freeze. I always wondered what the significance of that dewpoint was, and now I know!

How did everybody else fare? I should have started a new thread, but it's too late now :))

Suzy

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

suzy...cant believe the snaps b4 and after....i only hope my b4 and after is as promising...my jasmin that i have on my trellis looks damaged; then my hostas are looking like the frozen lettuce thing in the bottom of the fridge....i hope they bounce back like your snaps...; of all things i was worried about was my salvias...and they look pretty dang good...i coved them with boxes and they dont look harmed at all....; the rest of the stuff are here indoors with me.....but i will not gamble as they say it is only going to get down to 40 tonight...but it is only up to 42 right now with no sun in sight...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.