What would you do with a greenhouse?

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

My DH finally started my greenhouse made from windows we pick up for a couple bucks last summer. It really has the romantic mood I want in my backyard. He needs to add the roof sashes yet , repair some glass and cover the peaks. I really looking forward to this being done.

Thumbnail by maozamom
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Maoza, that is GORGEOUS! I am so jealous! Thanks for the idea. Your greenhouse is utterly adorable.

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh, you are so lucky!!! The first thing I would do if I had a greenhous is cry...I would be soooo happy. It looks fantastic!

West Jordan, UT

What a wonderful focal point! That it is functional is an added bonus. I'm sure it will look wonderful in a cottage-style garden. Enjoy~

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I LOVE IT!!!!! What a fabulous greenhouse. Okay, I'm on the warpath for old windows now.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Very creative! I like it.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i would plant gardens all around it! :) congrats and enjoy!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

MAOZA very lovley....wish i could build one....just to look at :)

Alexandria, VA(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous!-what WOULDN'T I do w/ a greenhouse? You can start seeds, baby tropical plants, use it as an escape...

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks for looking everyone. Notmartha that's a wonderful greenhouse you have, made even better with the graceful garden around it. Mao

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I would grow plants for the large terrace on our street :-)

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

You have to have a path of some type leading your eye to it.

When you called it 'romantic', I thought .... perfect description!
Then I thought ... red climbing rose to set off the antique white and the old romantic feel. I know that would defeat the purpose to cover the greenhouse, but somehow have a red rose near it?

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

That is so cute! I love it! I've been saving old windows with something similar in mind. Lovely job and great idea :)

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

I love it!!!! Oh my gosh I think it's just perfect and better than anything I've seen that you can buy.

On March 26th, exactly when this was posted, I saw 6 or 8 large windows in an alley in Chicago. I looked at them and looked at the, trying to decide what I could do with them and eventually continued driving because I could only think of a whole lot of cold frames. When I got back to DG and saw this picture I about had a heart attack. I wanted to drive back and get them!

I am so disappointed! I had a big empty SUV and could have loaded those so easily. They might have been big enough to have made the side and back of one at my house!

Your greenhouse idea is clever, creative and the end result is everything you could have possibly hoped for. Be sure to thank your DH and tell him we are all so envious because he's done a wonderful job!

Suzy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.