Self Accountable

Wilton, CA(Zone 9b)

I do much better at several things if I have a chart or calendar to mark my progress or that I've "done it". The three things that I keep charted are my daily exercise, calorie intake and house cleaning. If I stop the charting or marking it on the calendar I stop the task. So in order to keep myself on the straight and narrow in regards to cleaning I have the following daily assignments: (Hope this might help someone w/the idea). First I listed every room in the house and included the entryway and hall. I then broke this down into a routine for a 5 day week; here's how the cleaning schedule plays out for me:
Monday: Kitchen; Dinette; & Hall / Entry
Tuesday: Living Room & Guest Bedrooms
Wednesday: Master Bedroom / bath; & Laundry room
Thursday: Sunroom; Dining Room; & Guest Bathroom
Friday: Kitchen; Dinette; Living Room; & Master Bath

so, at the end of week the house is clean, ready for company; and if I keep on track the cleaning gets easier and quicker because it's being kept up with. Just thought of the fourth thing & have to track: flossing. Wow, I can't believe myself..is this a good thing? It Works for Me!
**Jo

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!