hello??? bedding question

Campobello, SC(Zone 7a)

everyone sleeping? Ya'll vampires now? Up all night watching mares foal and sleeping all day? ;-)

We bought pine pellets for Allie cause she was eating the hay. It's the Southern States EquuSSource pellets. The bag says no need to add water so there is just the pellets down. Doesn't seem very comfortable to me or easy to walk on. DH is starting to get a little pissy since he just bought an entire pallet of them on top of the straw we just bought and informed me that I will be getting no more shavings until after they foal and all the pellets are used up. (think he forgets who brings home the bacon here...) I digress...
So, I'm thinking, it says "no need" to add water, not "do not" add water, right? I can't find any product info on their web site. Anyone use this stuff? Jenks, I think you said you just use it under shavings, right? I've been using it that way with no issues but filling an entire stall with it somehow seems, unfriendly, for lack of a better word. Do I just mist water on it and fluff? Do I have to keep it damp? Anything I'm not thinking of to ask?

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!