shorten skirt at waist

Gilbert, AZ

Could some one please give me directions to shorten a skirt at the waist. It has a scalloped bottom hem I don't want to cut off. It has a back zipper, no waist band. The lining is just sewn to the top of the skirt and the zipper reaches all the way to the top. I thought about sewing up the zipper seam and putting in elastic. Or maybe taking out the zipper. Sewing the top at the length I want and then putting the zipper back in. I don't know. I am very adept at sewing but hate alterations and have never done many. I have shortened elastic waste stuff but the zipper is throwing me for a loop. Any of your help would be appreciated. But please give detailed instructions. Or at least where to go find them. The internet in general is not helpful.
Many thanks
Happy sewing

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!