What is this plant please

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Hi. Does anyone know what this plant is? I saw it at the Atl. Botanical garden last summer, but no one there could tell me what it was and it was, of course, one that was not marked. The photo color is correct. It is actually that vibrant in the sun. Thanks for any help!
Catherine

Thumbnail by 3gardeners
Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow. I dont know what it is, but I think I need one...or 3. I hope somebody knows.
chris

Tyrone, GA(Zone 7b)

post this on the perennials forum - someone should be able to identify

Lula, GA

Looks like a very pretty Euphorbia to me (?????).

Let us know what it is- the foliage is striking!!

Brenda

it's a purple smoke bush, but it is still small.

GGG

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

It's such a pretty color.. it looks like an unusual cultivar though.. I can't find it in the plantfiles.. the regular purple one is darker than that.

There is no picture for Pink champagne? I wonder if that's it??
http://davesgarden.com/pf/search.php?search_text=Cotinus&Search=Search

Where in the garden is it so I can find it too??

:)

Susan

I cant find it in plant files. Is it known as another name also?
chris

Wow, it gets huge. I have room for a large bush, not a tree. :(
And I really liked it.
Chris

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes Chris. click on the link I posted to see all of them.

:)

Susan

Northeast Harbor, ME

I'm with holyhosta, I still think that it's Euphorbia cotinifolia (the smoke bush leaved euphorbia).

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

I saw that 3gardeners posted this over in plant ID forum and was solved as "Euphorbia cotinifolia". I didn't think it looked like a smoke bush due to leaf shape and the telltale blooms (albeit quite small) especially in summer.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/703228/

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

What a cool looking plant! :)

Susan

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

I do beleive it is Euphorbia cotinifolia. But the one at the Botanical Garden had more of a pinkish purple color to it and all the other photos seem to have a orangish red. Maybe it has something to do with the soil or light they have. Anyway, I love it and MUST get some! Thanks for all the help. (I'd close this and the other treads out, but only one of them gave me the option to do so. I don't know how to close the rest.)

Catherine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.