Anybody knows the ID of this pelargonium please?

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Found this lovely picture of dale-a-gardener in the annuals thread.
Does anyone knows the name of this cultivar of perlargonium in the middle of the picture, with the greyish-green beautifully cut leaves with a pinkish hue ?
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=3251502

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Bonitin did you ask dale-a-gardener?

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

PerennialGirl,

Yes, I did! but he says it is Perlargonium citronella.
But when I do a search, the citronella has plain green or variegated green and white leaves. Did not find an exact match with Dale's one.
I also looked at the pictures in the plant files but didn't find this one.

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Thank you so much for all these links, PerennialGirl!
I looked through all of them, but couldn't find the exact match.
Thanks anyway for your efforts!!!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I think they are the scented ones, but I'll keep looking to.

Batavia, IL

The variety in the picture is Mint Scented Rose, also sometimes called Grey Lady Plymouth. The variegation is actually more cream colored, as opposed to pinkish, but is very unique looking on the finely cut leaves.

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Thank you so much, 2manyhostas!!

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

2manyhostas I looked it up in Google and came upon this website:

http://geraniaceae.com/bin/detail.cgi?id=611.
When I compare it to dale's it doesn't look the same. The one on the web is really variegated, while Dale's is only one colour; grayish-blue-green.

Batavia, IL

Excuse my ignorance, but I do not know what you mean when you refer to 'Dale's.' I looked at your original picture again and now I am not sure if you are asking about the variegated leaf or the solid colored one. If you go to www.shadyhill.com and look under Mail Order Specials, there is a Scented variety called Mint Scented Rose that looks like the variegated variety in your original picture.

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

I'm sorry 2manyhostas, for the confusion. With Dale's I meant dale-a-gardeners picture I've send a link to in my first post.
I've looked in the web you gave, and looked at the 'Mint scented rose'.
When I put the two pictures together the one of dale-a-gardener doesn't look exactly the same. The variegation in dale's doesn't look so pronounced, I mean the white edge. But that could be because his picture was taken in different light conditions than the one on the web you gave.
Thank you so much!!

Hope, ME(Zone 5a)

Here is a photo of gray lady plymouth

Thumbnail by jenica
Hope, ME(Zone 5a)

Here is a photo of mint rose and this is not the same as grey lady.
www.hobbsfarm.com

Thumbnail by jenica

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.