Pool Landscape Design Problem

Fulton, MO

A quiet Sunday morning, too dark to work in the greenhouse yet...it seems like a good time to pose my design problem to this group! I will post a few pics, then illustrate my problem.

Several years ago we added a pool, pool house, and a large covered area to the south end of our house. We were helped with the design by a residential architect, and the design is, I think, largely successful in bringing together elements of the house architecture. It is a not-so-subtle house and she came up with a not-so-subtle plan. But there were no landscape plans, I've done that on my own. The pool is E-W and the pool house is to the south.

The west of the landscape came together. I built an arbor, a path, a semicircular berm, and filled the area with thousands of plugs of Liriope spicata. There is a nice sense of space and enclosure on this end. This is looking straight west from a spot on the diving board (can you tell I have kids?)

Thumbnail by stressbaby
This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!