presenting....bugboy :-)

Campobello, SC(Zone 7a)

He was SOOOOOOOO HAPPY to get out of his stall this afternoon!! Been in since yesterday morning and was going bat guano. Kicking and bucking and rolling and galloping all over the place. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera out until after or I would have taken some shots of him playing.
Ted, former owner, remembered a high end store north of here that sells a whole bunch of high end items and odds and ends and after I called him this morning to ask if he knew of anyone who had dealt with eye issues that may have something I could use, he called around and came up empty handed, but then remembered this store. Without saying a word about it so as not to get my hopes up, he drove up there to see what they had and found the racing mask and bought it for Thump. Vet was here at the time and said to stitch both cups on the one eye, leaving the gap so he can see, and that he could go out once I had it on him. I could have kissed Ted. If you look at the pic at the lower right part of his eye that you can see, you can see the edge of the cloudiness from the ulcer. Vet was so happy with how it looks today that I get to sleep thru the night tonight but still have to medicate it late tonight and early tomorrow and every 2-3 hours during the day.
And his fussiness last night to the watchamacalit stuff was a reaction so he's back on the paste. Not an allergic reaction, but because of the taste. She said some horses just can't tolerate the taste of the liquid as well.

Thumbnail by DevilDogs
This thread has 41 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!