removing a deceased spouse's clothing

Oklahoma City, OK

I too have (in the last 1 1/2 years) become 'cluttered'. I need space! I love my home, don't want to move, and finally have come out of the fog of my husband dying after only 4 days of Pneumonia. Now, I realize I need to move his clothes out, let someone else enjoy them. BUT he was such a good, loving man I don't want to see them in the gutter on a drunk, and what do I do with his very good, but worn a few times underclothes, satin lounge robes, etc? I have donated a few pairs of his summer shorts to a good friend of his that could use them and the 2 tuxs to a family that have 2 really good teenage boys in drama, but I still have a huge amount of shirts, pants, more worn shorts, underclothes, 10 prs of all same socks (black), etc. I don't want to sell them in a garage sale, but I really do need the money because he was an Art Professor (retired) and had no life ins. and I didn't get any of is retirement. I am a seamstress, 78 years old in pretty good health, and have thought of converting one of his suits to a suit with a skirt for myself. Ladies did that during WW II. I am overwhelmed, begin projects for my art studio, leave them around the house 1/2 done. Any suggestions to help me through this first 'what to do with the clothes' problem would be appreciated. ghostlady

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!