Non - Toxic Adhesive etc.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

There is a non-toxic glue that I have been using for mosaic projects called WeldBond. It is available online at various mosaic supply sites. I also have been using thinset as a tile adhesive and grout. There are also 2 yahoo groups on mosaics that I am currently a member of - Mosaic Addicts Group (MAG) and Mosaic Artists Organization (MAO) You will be amazed at the information and inspiration available at these 2 groups!
Something you might try with the tempered glass if you don't want to place each piece individually, would be to take a piece of brown kraft paper (like they wrap up packages with - cheapo-) cut it to the shapes you want to use the tempered glass for, and press it down onto the shattered, but still in place glass. Let dry, they put a coat of adhesive on your surface and then press the tile into the adhesive and let dry. This is called the indirect method of mosaicing. When it dries you wet the brown paper and gently peel it off.
Sharon

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!