My blues are at it already!

Citra, FL

Lookee here!!

Thumbnail by halo
Marlton, NJ

So COOL!!! Congratulations! Thanks for keeping us updated Kathy!

This message was edited Mar 15, 2007 5:06 PM

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

How exciting - can't wait to see the babies when they arrive!

Citra, FL

I had forgotten how funny these guys are. First off, Mr. Blue is very robust this year....must be that diet of mealies he had all winter. So this morning I mosey out back and start checking out my daylilies and roses and nanners, pulling weeds as I go. I hear "clack clack clack" over my head. Sheesh, alright already, Im SORRY. Had to move to the other side of the garden. He wants no one in his space, thats for sure. Mrs. is pretty skittish this year, I dont think its the same as the gal last year. I will have to resort to using the front door and going around the house, she's pretty nervous. Im thinking the setting started yesterday or the day before, so Ill have to keep an eye on the nest for hatching.

As skittish as they are, as soon as I go in the back door, they are back on the box. She's on the roof, he's checking out his brood....

Thumbnail by halo
Citra, FL

Then she says, "Enough, get outta my way" and back in she goes....

Thumbnail by halo
Marlton, NJ

Great pics Kathy!!

Citra, FL

Thanks, Helen. I know I have way more camera here than what Im showing; I just havent figured out yet how to use all the gadgets.

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Wonderful photos!

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

We just put our nest up, hope they move in. We have a pair that have been here for more than a year now. I was concerned about activity around the box, but obviously, they will do what is needed to use the box! Great pics.

Kathleen

Hebron, KY

Halo,

Great pics and great comments! Keep us posted!

Thanks for sharing!

Marilyn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.