Pectin and Soluble Fiber

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I saved this article from a Prevention Magazine in 1987 and just ran across it. It explains fiber better than I can. The day after I found my normally low cholesterol was rising, I started in eating oatmeal instead of Frosted Mini Wheats for breakfast. (I eat those for supper now.) I add all kinds of canned beans over lettuce, corn, pea, green pepper and carrot shred salads. We eat pretty healthy anyway, but to me, fiber is the ''new'' wonder drug!

I have 5 pages of the article to post in a row. I'm on dial-up, so bear with me. I hope this helps everyone who reads it. There is also a book out, about eating 35 grams of fiber daily. I haven't read it, but you can research soluble fiber on the internet.

Page 1

Thumbnail by billyporter
This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!