Just bought a place with a greenhouse I'm very excited..

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Mom and I bought 5 acres and it comes with a greenhouse,it even have a woodburner in it..I'm so excited...:-) I think it's about 12 x 25...:-)

Thumbnail by JodyC
Fulton, MO

Congrats, Jody. What are you going to grow?

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Everything..lol..

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

How wonderful for you! You are going to have so much fun with this.

Mission Viejo, CA(Zone 10a)

That's so exciting! Please keep us updated with pictures.

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

lol..I will keep you updated..we signed the papers today they are supposed to be out by May 1st...:-)

Thumbnail by JodyC
Beaumont, TX

5 acres! The greenhouse is huge!! How wonderful! What pond!!?? I wanna see!

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

That is so cool!! Do you get to keep the chicken too?

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Jody, A pond and a greenhouse! It does sound like you're going to have fun! That is so cool.

I wonder if the seller is a DG member LOL

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Jody I'm so happy for you! I wonder if you will get to keep the trays and stuff in there too, it will get you off to a nice start, I am so jealous I want one sooo bad!

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Opps

This message was edited Mar 16, 2007 2:07 PM

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

oh goody I'm going to show you a few more photo's and Yes the chicken come with the place..lol..I'm going to buy a few female only chick this spring..we already have some roosters,not that you have to have them for eggs but I love to hear them crow...

Thumbnail by JodyC
-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Jody, Congratulations! that looks like a beautiful place! Now you're gonna be wanting to swap eggs for plants... just wait and see. LOL

That greenhouse is great!!! -- Pat

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

The house is 4000 sq. ft.,2000 upstairs and 2000 down stairs...has a full apartment downstairs...juccuzzi...:-)

Thumbnail by JodyC
Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Here's the 40 x 60 shed/barn

Thumbnail by JodyC
-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Wow! That house didn't look that big from the other picture. Lotsa space!

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks everyone..I'm so excited..I just wish I was in better health to do more than I do..lol..now we have a house and a 14x80 trailer to fix up and sell both of these properties,well we are keeping 20 acers of alfalfa fields,cut this place in half and sell half of it..
here's the house 1970's model...

Thumbnail by JodyC
Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

and just one more..lol..

Thumbnail by JodyC
Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Oh and you have to see a photo of my new goldfish..I thought they were koi,but was just told..mot..now I have to buy a few koi babies...:-) and it needs a filter there goes another $200

Thumbnail by JodyC
Fredericktown, MO

Huge congrats Jody!!!

Hey, I am in Missouri, may have to slip over the border at night and grab some plants...

LOL!

Congrats!

Lisa

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Your welcome to stop by anytime..heehee

Fulton, MO

JodyC, I noticed your interest in Plumies.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of help with this on the Plumie forum. But I thought I would mention, and this is just my opinion, that Plumies aren't a great GH plant for us. They are great plants, but not great for our winter greenhouses. Yes, you can keep them growing if you keep your house at 65-70F, but most of us keep the winter GH cooler than that, and then they are prone to spider mites and black tip.

I got cuttings last year from HI. In the GH they stubbornly refused to root. When I put them out on the concrete pool deck in the blazing sun, they took off. I kept mine on a heat mat in the GH all winter, just because I wasn't sure they were well rooted. I won't do that next year.

My plan, FWIW, is to leave these beauties outside in the summer and bone-dry and dormant inside in the winter. I may put them in the GH in the fall and spring to extend the season.

BTW, I did get inflos on one cutting last fall. Hoping for more this year.

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks stress baby..i started 6 from seed..maybe I'll see how these do for me this winter befire I buy any and I oplanned on keeping them in the house..we are putting in solid windows and a sliding door on the new house where the garage is..:-) So they will only get morning light from the east or I can keep them under lights..i already have 4x 4' running all winter while I start seeds and one over my cacti and succulents...I wonder how they would be inside under light? Thanks again to the heads up on the plumies..

Virginia Beach, VA

Your dream came true Jody!!! It is big for the 2 of you. are you gonna move with her?. How about your horses? Send pictures of the pond. How exciting!!! I will email you again. Bellie

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Yes Bellie..I am moving in with Mom..It has a full apartment in the basement a bedroom,bar,bath,kitchen and livingroom with a nice fireplace/enclosed,woodburner the kind that has a glass door in the front and you can watch the fire..I'm so excited..I called the previous owners last night and there are 4 koi in the pond..I'm very excited..Mom will have the upstairs and I will have the downstairs,we both will have our own space and still be close to each other,and save lots of money since we will be using the same electric,ect.There is a pasture about 2 1/2 acres and a lean-to for the horses,we will still keep the 20 acre hay field we have for free hay and extra money to pay taxes or something...:-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.